Running Bear’s August 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
California Leading The Fight To Save The Planet

California.png

After running the two, differently decodered Locos in consist, re-adjusting the sound volume via the CV's rather than the little magnetic wand thingy, there's not a lot to pick between them, The Tsunami, I think has a slightly better defined engine beat, but an oddity showed up when trying to consist them. The QSI, according to it's book, has a delaying action when it's first commanded to start moving, which the Tsunami doesn't, although that I know can be created a bit (something I found by accident, but can't really account how it happens, seems to have to do with when some sounds are automatically set-up to start and momentum, maybe more of the latter).
What was observed, was when in uncoupled consist, and it didn't matter if it was Advanced or Simple (Old Style in NCE lingo), the QSI equipped never increased it's acceleration rate hardly at all, while the Tsunami went away from it. This was with the QSI in the lead position. Individually, out of consist, they appeared pretty much equal.
I'm sure this is probably correctable with CV adjustments, but I'm wondering if changing the Tsunami in the P2k Proto GP20 into the Atlas and vice-versa, might be best in the interests of uniformity. I have the other SD35 "Seaboard" that I intend to repaint and number #705 that a Tsunami is intended for, too.
While I'm on a binge, I got some of these too, had good buyer reviews. There were several sellers, this one had the most.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-24V-High-Speed-5-Pole-Rotor-Micro-Motor-Dual-2mm-Shaft-DIY-RC-Car-Boat/192641701962?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=40718&meid=a6e84f44f4664639a59a55fbf701a6f0&pid=100675&rk=3&rkt=15&mehot=pp&sd=183860854413&itm=192641701962&pmt=1&noa=1&pg=2481888&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:5f024e9d-cb36-11e9-bb7b-74dbd180f312|parentrq:e30741b716c0aa66f6130988fff60720|iid:1
Sleeping on problems is good. On getting up, I realised that because the QSI Atlas has been addressed before by someone else, it probably has had other CV's altered as well. Best to take it all back to default and start over.

Louis- what do you do with green nanners? Do you treat them like you would with plantains?
I eat green bananas for breakfast. They are a good source of potassium and when green, bananas are complex carbohydrates, not as bad for diabetics as simple sugars.

I have no idea what to do with plantains, I've seen them in the store, but I have never tried one.

I eat green bananas for breakfast. They are a good source of potassium and when green, bananas are complex carbohydrates, not as bad for diabetics as simple sugars.

I have no idea what to do with plantains, I've seen them in the store, but I have never tried one.
A lot less sugar and a lot more starch in a plantain, best baked or roasted before eating, although they can be eaten raw. Eating them raw is just like eating a green banana.

Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 70˜ in this neighborhood. Ended up with 1.6" in the rain gauge from the surprise thunderstorm yesterday. Once again, it's been so dry that every drop soaked in with no runoff. I did manage to mow about 2/3 acre before it hit, I'll have to mow that part again by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks for the likes and comments on yesterday's pictures; Sherrel, Johnny, Garry, Chet, Chad, Justin, Phil, Tom, Louis.

I got to spend a relatively long afternoon in the train shed yesterday. I worked on a couple of small projects interspersed with a lot of train running. I have been ignoring my engineers much of the time lately and made up for it yesterday. Made four different switching runs in four different towns and ran a few through freights in between. Put mileage on twelve different engine lash-ups. Over on the workbench I laid out and trimmed up DPM wall sections and columns for my next low-relief structure.
First floor.
08-28--19 002.JPG

Upper floors.
08-28--19 008.JPG

Glued some of them together and am letting them set up overnight.
08-28--19 010.JPG

I also added the roof and stairs to the structure that I made from the Walther's parts. I have decided to make this one a mattress factory as Mikey suggested. Let's see now, 3M, Mikey's Mattress Manufacturing?
08-31-19 001.JPG

Johnny - I know that you won't read this until Monday. Whenever you get to installing the fences, trim off some of the bottom guide pins. Less holes to drill and easier to align them. I always have trouble getting them exactly the right distance apart.
Sherrel - Sounds like Kate needs to skip the therapist visit and go straight to the orthopedic surgeon. A surgeon will get right to the point since that's how they make their money.
Justin - Wow! I didn't realize that you didn't have an NMRA gauge yet. Checking the wheel gauge on your engines may resolve or prevent a lot of derailments.
Garry - Have a safe trip.
Chet - Great club pictures as usual.

My granddaughter and her family are coming for a visit to see my wife today. Daughter is actually coming to mop the kitchen floor since my wife doesn't like the way that I do it.

Everybody have a great Saturday.

Did it also come with the magic wand? My Atlas/QSI SD 24's each came with a little magnetic wand that when waved over a certain part of the decoder would reset everything back to factory defaults.
It did, funny looking thing, I remembered that the BLI locos had something similar, didn't realize it was for resetting the decoder though.

Willie- I am honored that you think 3M will be a good name for your mattress factory.
I, too, have trouble deciding on industries and business names.
An associated business you might consider : "Cotton Boll Processing Co."

This month;s thread is 43 pages so far. All the great pictures have helped keep people interested, IMHO.

Willie- I am honored that you think 3M will be a good name for your mattress factory.
I, too, have trouble deciding on industries and business names.
An associated business you might consider : "Cotton Boll Processing Co."

This month;s thread is 43 pages so far. All the great pictures have helped keep people interested, IMHO.
It's about to come to an end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back