Running Bear’s August 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Fury - ‎BALTIMORE OLD PHOTOS
Baltimore's own Babe Ruth in Druid Hill Park, Baltimore, MD c. 1915.
1567078935585.png

Morning all,

Earl Scheib. That's something I haven't seen in like forever. There was one a franchise (I assume) in the '70's here in Doo-Dah that advertised that service for $99 bucks. Never had a car painted by them, but was always told you didn't want it to get wet.

Like the old train photos and even one of Babe Ruth.

Going to be in meetings much of the day as HR needs assistance in choosing a new HR solution. The one they chose last year was simply terrible once we were on it and a lot of stuff promised isn't happening. I'm involved as IT representative. I could have written a better interface myself and to have to change passwords every 30 days and can't repeat the last 10 passwords on a system the most people will use once or twice a year...just plain stupid. Yes I am an administrator....lol

Good morning everyone. 60 and clear. Nice day in store. Slept with the windows open again last night. A guy could get used to this weather.

Willie, Garry, Chad, Justin, Sherrel, Patrick, Louis and anyone I may have missed - thanks for the likes and comments on the photo of Al's Market and the "Waldo" story. I appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Sherrel - Good suggestion - maybe I'll leave the gutter hanging. I may boost it up a bit but not reattach it completely.
Truckdad - Maybe some retired railroad engineers under that bridge, too??

Not much to report from the train room or the modeling workbench. Spent a little time in the woodworking shop last night - just trying to have enough items on hand to sell at the craft fair in two months.

Here are a couple of photos from the layout - - closeups of farm #1, closest to the pond. Getting pretty satisfied with the way it looks, although there's always room for improvement. Still have to drill holes for the fence posts - right now they're sitting on top of the grass!

Farm#1_1.jpg
Farm#1_2.jpg

That's it for now. Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All. 74° and clear. Weather forecast has changed again, the long range (ten day) now shows warmer temperatures than originally predicted. It's going to be a bit too warm to sleep with the windows open. The weekly grocery/beer trek is on today's to do list, wife wants to go.
Blueberry waffles and sausage links over here Francine, if you can get away from Louis for a minute!

Thanks for the likes and comments on the latest unnamed structure; Sherrel, Patrick, Johnny, Justin , Chad, Louis, Garry, Tom.

Made some more progress on the Walther's modular structure out in the train shed yesterday. Finished the side walls, painted them, added the foundation, windows and wall tops and then glued them to the front.

08-29-19 002.JPG

Hopefully I will add the stairs to the side door and some semblance of a roof today. Then I have to figure out what type of industry it is going to be!

08-29-19 003.JPG

Johnny - You might consider leaving that dangling gutter alone and add some weathering to the general store. I like the Waldo idea, I've thought about it before but never implemented it. For me it would be for photography purposes only since I don't really have many visitors.
Sherrel - Sorry to read of your sleep issues. I can relate to the "potty", just not as often!
Justin - Nice shot from your railyard.
Garry - Yes, I am really disappointed that Walther's discontinued those modular walls. While they had their faults, they did offer some variety to the DPM walls. In my case, my LHS owner gave me a number of kits when he retired and I had a few of my own. Problem is that there were not enough Wall Column kits manufactured to mate up with all of the wall kits. So I have 42 kits but no columns. I periodically check E-Bay and other websites without any luck. Walther's customer service has been no help and they don't have a clue whether or not they will be re-issued.
Nice building by the way.
Louis - Regarding Bill Ward, I am not sure what the critics say about him. I consider him as just a bit above an average drummer, certainly not in the same league as Keith Moon, Ginger Baker, Neil Peart or John Bonham. If it wasn't for his mental and substance abuse issues, he might have been a better drummer.
Liberal - a supporter of a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.
Source, Oxford Dictionary.
Must be referring to the Brits! Doesn't sound like any of the Liberals running for President today! No further comment from me. Maybe!

Everybody have a great day.

Proof that you must always read the instruction book (or at least have a browse). The little Atlas Gold SD 38 w/QSI Quantum sound arrived early this morning, but because it was Grocery Trek today, didn't get to do anything with it apart from unpack it, till this evening. Haven't test run it yet, but just as well I consulted, 'cause I would never have guessed you have to double click F6 to start it up..

On the other MRL ebay listing front, the 2 SD70ACe's end tomorrow morning (my time) and the local SD40-2xr, on Saturday evening. Lot's of bids on the first 2, which have come to a standstill. The '40 has 1 bid on it from the beginning, whether the same bidder that came in right on the bell on the Atlas. It's the same seller, and he seems to believe in starting high, $AU145, which is roughly $US100. I'm tempted to go after 1 at least (what am I talkin' about, I shouldn't even be considering it), The first ACe is said to be NIB, the 2nd Used. The used one's bids are higher, maybe those that are interested, already have the new one's road #. I think what I'll do, is put a max of what I paid for the ones I have on the new one, if others want to go higher, good luck to them. The 2nd one is only 90 seconds behind, I'll decide then. The local one, I'll have time to consider if I miss out on either of those.

69F at 6:40am. Fully 15 degrees warmer overnight than a couple days ago and about 9 or 20 degrees warmer than yesterday morning. House did not cool down as much :(

The word “liberal” in the US has absolutely nothing to do with the “classical liberal” political philosophy and view. In the US that is more likely called “libertarian”.

Ray, you need to triple click f9 to shut it down.
Also, pushing f10 while moving will give you a speed report in mph, while sitting it will provide the unit number and whether it is in normal, standby, or shutdown mode.
QSI had some great features, which unfortunately didn’t extend to their sound files.

Morning: Only got up to 89* yesterday - with 22% humidity, I can live with that! Supposed to climb back to 93* today and the record was 106* in 2009.
Not much going on here - I need to start selling off some stuff that has been suffering in the garage. I could even find a space for a RR if I would get off my can and get busy. Also could let go of some nice, but cheap, tools which I really don't need anymore ... but I have one woodworking project that needs to be completed first - maybe this fall?

Louis: -- That T-shirt is the greatest. Normally I don't like billboard T-shirts - but that one I would wear proudly!
The pic of the NYC Pacific and train is a great photo - so clear and well-composed. Great "Ruth" photo as well.
Sure glad you informed me that you consider yourself a Liberal? - You almost had me confused talking about all your capitalistic ideals, business, and such. If they champion individual rights so much then why do they constantly talk about raising taxes? For the past 50 years, the Government has printed money to fit their agenda -- why the need for taxes at all?

As you said - returning to your regular program.

Ray, you need to triple click f9 to shut it down.
Also, pushing f10 while moving will give you a speed report in mph, while sitting it will provide the unit number and whether it is in normal, standby, or shutdown mode.
QSI had some great features, which unfortunately didn’t extend to their sound files.
Yes, I read a bit more about it. Being a QSI Quantum in particular, rather than the later Titan, I had some misgivings about it. I would have preferred the Silver and installed an Econami. But they do seem to come up rarely. You watch, they'll be a dime a dozen from now on. That little MP15DC which is the same, doesn't sound too bad. Let you know what I think when I start it up tomorrow.

Yes, I read a bit more about it. Being a QSI Quantum in particular, rather than the later Titan, I had some misgivings about it. I would have preferred the Silver and installed an Econami. But they do seem to come up rarely. You watch, they'll be a dime a dozen from now on. That little MP15DC which is the same, doesn't sound too bad. Let you know what I think when I start it up tomorrow.
I will console myself with the knowledge I got the first one #703, for $US88.

Hiya gang!
Long time no see! Been busy busy busy, preparing for the upcoming wedding, and whipping the house into shape for possible sale. I kind of had to put the hobby on the back burner for now. So when it's slow at work I can still peek in from time to time.

Beady, 28 cars? What did he hit, an autorack??

Bruette. Neat old pics from when Baltimore was a place to live. I saw video of the latest police shooting, the gunshots came as rapid as popcorn popping from at least a dozen officers. Savage on both sides of the badge.

One of the reasons we're moving even further out.

Bud sez,, when you want to look out the window, but the kat is in the way, use the kat for a pillow!
69232781_907507999616943_8129236123290435584_n.jpg

L8ter gang!

Look at any group of humans and chances are you will find a liar.
Liberal - a supporter of a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.
Source, Oxford Dictionary.

Sounds like a good thing to me and personally makes me proud to be called a liberal.
Ok, I lied, but I can't leave this one out!
:)

JIM (HO Explorer) is asking for our help!
Reply here or on his thread

I need some help. HO or On30 folks smarter than me for this issue please! How do you wire a MicroEngineering Turnout??? If you know show me the soldering spots and the color of wire. ie. pos or neg. Many thanks. I'm gone for the weekend so I'll leave you to it. Cheers.

index.php

Good evening. It's partly cloudy and 74.
I got my home colonoscopy kit in the mail today...
Medicare paid for mine and six weeks after the results, the testing company sent me a $75 Visa gift card! A year and a half later, my wife did one and they only sent a $35 gift card to Outback Steak House. My results came back as inconclusive and I had to schedule the real thing, found five benign polyps.
I wondered if the lady behind the counter at the UPS store knew what was in the box when I sent it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back