Running Bear's June 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,

Time for a Western omelet with bacon and whole wheat toast this morning with coffee. Thanks Flo...

PRR Modeler: All the train tables are set up with removable legs. I use a couple of screws along with carriage bolts to keep them in place. My layout tables are 2' x 8' with removable legs. I did that originally for a different reason, but was glad I did when 9 months later I had to dismantle them to move and store them. I thought about the shorter legs if we do N-scale for him, and 2"x 4" boards are relatively inexpensive.

Willie: It's called an "Active" lifestyle. lol Actually it's doing the exact opposite of what the Dr recommended I do in the first place. No kneeling or squatting, reaching over things, etc. Turns out I hyper-extended my knee and keep aggravating it. You'd think at my age I'd learn. But when you feel good and don't want to wait for help on things, other things tend to happen....

Phil: Happy Birthday, I hope it's a good day for you! Your just older than my mom... She'll be 83 in August.

Anyone have any recommendations for a beginning N-scale setup? I know less about it that I do on HO, but may know more that I think I do. We have another train show next month so I may be doing something at that time.

Good morning everyone. 68 and sunny out there. Slept with the windows open again last night.

Flip - Happy birthday, and many more!!
Dave - Like that photo of your old yard.
Willie - You giving us a tutorial on kitbashing? ;) I could probably use it! Looks like the tire shack will be a nice addition to your layout.

Finally got a little time in the train room last night. Ran two of the trains for a while, and did some preliminary work on the Benson's Five and Dime structure that will go in the new town.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning. 50 degrees to start the day with a high in the mid 70's again.

Miss a few days and there's so much to catch up on. Been really busy and did catch posts on the phone but really don't like posting on the phone.

Tuesday was spent mowing the yard. Yesterday was a busy day. Physical Theraphy at 8:20 and then had breakfast with friends at 9 AM. Stopped by the place where my daughter works, Bequst Confections. They make gourmet carmals. I am addicted to their chocolate carmels. They have won a number of awards and even had a segment on the Food Network. From there I picked up dog food at the vet and then went to a follow up appointment with the surgeon. Got cleared to start bowling, but was told to take it easy at first. I'll probably have to work on a new delivery. On the way home I picked up some heat shrink tubing for the crossing signals. Now I have to find the time to get to work on them. Spent the rest of the day working in the yard.

Justin - great photos, especially the first with the hand prints.

Curt - By the time you finish that project, your eyes will be looking at each other.

IBKen - Excellent job on those covered hoppers.

Louis - Nice to see you back posting. Nice photos. You can send some of that beer this way.

Dave - Like your photos. Keep them coming.

Karl - We just got another 35 pound box of bacon on Saturday. Nothing better than BACON.

Sherrel - I will have to agree with you on the Super Cub being great for fun flying.

Terry - Sorry to hear about the transmission problems. Have you checked the fluid level? I still prefer manual transmissions,but they are hard to find any more. That's why I enjoy driving my classic cars.

Willie - Nice job on the box cars. I believe that this building is the same kit as your tire shack. I had it laying around for years looking for a place to use it and finally found a spot for it. Sure is a pain cutting out the door and window spaces.

thumbnail_20190622_125605.jpg Had to make it a bit smaller to fit in the available space.

Have to get my trains together for running at the club this afternoon.

Later.

Last edited:
Morning Shop Patrons! Francine - I would like some coffee - then a couple eggs up please with hashbrowns, a handful of Chet's bacon, and a side if biscuits and gravy -- oh yeah: sone OJ to flush it down. Hungry this morning.

It is still below normal temperature out here - which is very nice - the MIL's pool has solar heating which keeps the temp right near 82-84 which is purrrrfect to me?
Today is expected to be 83* (normal is 87*) last year was 89* and a record 97* in 2016.

PHIL --Congratulations on making another trip around the Sun! Hope that you are still holding several more in the closet? You're little quips at the end of your postings bring a smile every time. - loved the Genie one!

GUYs!!! Just stop it with the trannie problems, OK! That's about the only thing that I have not had trouble with, so ....
Just Stop It!

Growing up, my best friend's father who was a mechanic who worked for my dad's oil field gang, started a lawn mower repair service in a detached double car garage he had -- He always had a backlog of business. Sounds as if he is needed around here?

Willie -- $2,05? I just refilled the grill tank for $3.84 a gallon ... just love CA!

I notice that CHET never bothered to share his bacon and candy with us?

Howdy, everybody . ...Glad to see so many posts lately. I'm a bit behind but will try catching up .

Justin .... The handprint cake is very nice. ..... I like the coal mine photos too.

Curt .... Good to see progress with you project .

Ken IB .... Your weathered covered hoppers look real .

Louis .... Good to see you ..... The photo of the coal transloading dock is very interesting .

Dave ..... Nice low angle in yesterday's photo. The rusty rail looks real..... I like the Geeps in today's photo.

Karl .... I see you are bringing home the bacon.

WIllie ....... Yesterday's picture has nicely weathered boxcars. ... The Tire Shack project looks fun.

Chet ... Your tire shack looks good.

Phil ....HAPPY BIRTHDAY .

Working on the layout last night, I nearly completed a whimsical scene I am making. Grandkids will be here for 4th of July week ... Also, I worked on scenery around the coal mine.

When was that taken??

Frisco was bought out by Burlington Northern which later merged with the Santa Fe.

Afternoon fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Went from severe thunderstorms and tornados to extreme heat. 90s for the rest of the week going into the weekend. Going to have a long next few weeks as I'll be covering the day shift crews shifts and mine as well. Good time to make some extra dollars. Glad everyone enjoyed the pics I shared. I'll share some more with y'all here.
62350330_2294647200614374_3805151126571974656_o.jpg

65209690_2590900740942564_3205359660945113088_o.jpg

64850069_2593970230635615_1910339910674415616_o.jpg

25532199_10211127629453939_1612094367891499385_o.jpg

Afternoon All,

Did some chores then started on the project that came to a stop when I discovered a parts card missing (representing canvas parts) so I have sent off an email to the company. Earlier I called Phil and wished him a Happy Birthday.

Dave- Nice yard photo, with the backdrop it definitely has a mountainous feel to it.

Willie- That will be a nice building addition.

Chet- Ummm Bacon:D. Nice looking scene, and I hope the surgery didn't mess up your ball release.

Garry- Great Meme.

Sherrel- Neat 1:1 photo. Interesting reuse of the 3 top tank car on the left.

Justin- Nice 1:1 photos.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good morning ! Today everything at the breakfast bar is my treat. Today is my 83rd birthday. Never dreamed I'd get so old.
It's a pleasant 81*, clear and sunny, only get up to 92* later.
Wish all a "HELAVA" good day.
Phil

I can't believe how old people my age are.

Phil, I can't believe you are that old. You sound much younger

Dave

Afternoon fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Went from severe thunderstorms and tornados to extreme heat. 90s for the rest of the week going into the weekend. Going to have a long next few weeks as I'll be covering the day shift crews shifts and mine as well. Good time to make some extra dollars. Glad everyone enjoyed the pics I shared. I'll share some more with y'all here.
View attachment 37635
View attachment 37636
View attachment 37637
View attachment 37638

Justin, the speeder in the bottom photo is really dandy. I wonder if anyone knows what year that model was made?

DAVE- Yeah, I'm that old AND I look it. Just ask CURT.
Only up to 88* First time in over ten days hasn't hit the 90's
Thank you all for all the well wishes.
Prayers,
Phil

DAVE- I may be wrong but I doubt it.

Good afternoon.

And it's now known as the "Big New Santa Fe"

Willie ... One of my retired railroad friends told me the merged railroad was not named Santa Fe Burlington Northern because SFBN would mean ... . Same F___'ing Burlington Northern.

Sherrel .... That's a good photo of Frisco and Santa Fe pooled units.

Chet ..... That's a lot of apple sauce . LOL

Justin .... Very nice Chessie photos.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Okay, everybody .... Are you ready to see my whimsical scene ?

Grandkids are coming so I added this scene. .... 101 Dalmatians, but I only had 15 dogs suitable for repainting to look like Dlamtions .... Oh well. .... Cruella Deville is way to big for HO scale, but .... oh, well....

48141131678_763a69f109_k.jpg

Chet .... I suspect I finally have a vintage vehicle you do not have on your layout LOL .

Fellas it's been a long pleasant day. Thanks again for all the well wishes. WILLIE, the card was a delight.

Prayers and Blessing for all-and our troops.
Phil

I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back