Running Bear's June 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss a day and look where it got me!
Prayers for all the toothie headaches -- makes me love my dentures more and more. I shuttered reading about Curt's broken tooth - Had several of those before having them all the ones left standing removed.

Took the East Coast family to the A/P this morning early. Spousal Unit and I are sure going to miss them. Kid you not -- those two boys were the best kids I have ever been around - they played tough, fought, and totally occupied themselves with no whining, crying, or fussing AT ALL -- and ate what was put in front of them. SIL will be headed overseas after the first of the month for a good long while ... I am not looking forward to it this time.

Louis, If I was within 500 miles of you - I would be there (SIGH)!
DC-10 was a piece of junk; DC-8 was a pretty good machine, but none of the Douglas planes could touch a Boeing product! Lockheed L-1011 was the best of the three engine machines, but was too advanced in the electronics department and there was a lot of trouble with it not to mention the finicky Rolls Royce engines (used to look like an Alco starting with all the smoke).

Beady -- Your DC-3 has to be right near the top! My personal is the B-707 : It was built like a tank, could haul anything that you could fit inside it, and go 6000 plus miles faster than any other. Me - I still come back to the Piper Super Cub for fun flying.

I gots more to say, but later on.

And a good mid morning to all. 9:30 and already 90* and muggy. Not going to trim the tree in this heat.

DAVE- Good luck at the dentist.
I Wish everyone a good day.
Phil

I'd grow my own food if I could find Bacon seeds.

Phil,

The dentist did an excellent job with the Novocain and only charged $95 for the repair job. He cautioned me that the tooth may need a root canal down the line but I appreciate that he tried a medicated filling first.

Dave

Good evening all. Temps. dropped to 88* at 8:30 with a nice breeze so i went out to trim out crappy mertyle [sp]. The brake lights on our car were on. Had to disconnect the neg. battery cable. Tomorrow will find out what the problem is. What used to be called a stoplite switch , now know as a sensor, or something more expensive. Never a dull moment.
Wish all pleasant dreams. Prayers and Blessings,
Phil

I thought the dryer made my clothes shrink. Turns out it was the refrigerator.

Good evening all. Temps. dropped to 88* at 8:30 with a nice breeze so i went out to trim out crappy mertyle [sp]. The brake lights on our car were on. Had to disconnect the neg. battery cable. Tomorrow will find out what the problem is. What used to be called a stoplite switch , now know as a sensor, or something more expensive. Never a dull moment.
Wish all pleasant dreams. Prayers and Blessings,
Phil

I thought the dryer made my clothes shrink. Turns out it was the refrigerator.
Phil, what kind of car do you have?

Good evening.
Speaking of car problems, the transmission in the truck started acting up, and I have an appointment for Saturday afternoon after work to have it looked at. It looks like this is a not-unheard of problem, with no real fix.

Good evening.
Speaking of car problems, the transmission in the truck started acting up, and I have an appointment for Saturday afternoon after work to have it looked at. It looks like this is a not-unheard of problem, with no real fix.

Sound like the Colorado Torque convertor shudder has developed.....kinds feels like driving on a rumble strip, only milder....there is a GM Bulletin....gotta flush the trans with 20 quarts of some special Mobil synthetic trans fluid, then drive @200 miles before the problem goes away......been doing 1-2 a week for the last month or so....Camaros too.
Before the snickering starts, Ford & Chrysler are all having transmission issues of late. These 6,8,and 10 speed automatic transmissions are 10 pounds of bovine excrement in a 5 pound bucket.

Sound like the Colorado Torque convertor shudder has developed.....kinds feels like driving on a rumble strip, only milder....there is a GM Bulletin....gotta flush the trans with 20 quarts of some special Mobil synthetic trans fluid, then drive @200 miles before the problem goes away......been doing 1-2 a week for the last month or so....Camaros too.
Before the snickering starts, Ford & Chrysler are all having transmission issues of late. These 6,8,and 10 speed automatic transmissions are 10 pounds of bovine excrement in a 5 pound bucket.
Some of the shifts have been so harsh, I've checked the mirror to see if I had been rear-ended.

Phil,

The dentist did an excellent job with the Novocain and only charged $95 for the repair job. He cautioned me that the tooth may need a root canal down the line but I appreciate that he tried a medicated filling first.

Dave
For some reason, dental work doesn't bother me. I've had gum surgery, root canals and extractions. Each time I get a 10-day Rx for oxycodone and wind up saving it for something worse, like when my neuropathy flares up (it's weird having a "painful numbness ").

Good morning all, 70 with some filtering clouds.

Possibility of thunder this afternoon, temps in the 80's.

I will be working at the bit plant all day, it is pretty easy. One of the company men grabs a sample of asphalt from one of the trucks every 100 tons or so and a series of tests is run, I am just responsible for one of the tests so much of the time is spent waiting.

Guaranteed 10 hours as well.

I hope all the shifty trannies keep working for all. On our old Buick Century there would be these jerky shifts from time to time, however I came to realize they were normal.

With a different vehicle (1977 chevrolet pickup) one of the routine transmission fluid changes, the technician said he "tightened" it ,up. Can't they leave good enough alone, it worked just fine prior to his diddling.

Todays photo is a different shot of my old yard, here I was trying to have stumps and branches in the foreground. Was never really totally happy with the branch pile. This is some rocky ground, with the finer gravel under the tracks and the larger pieces on the bottom or pushed off to the side.

a final view 002p.JPG

Thats all for now, Dave

Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 70°, back up into the mid-90's later today. Cool front was good while it lasted. Good Morning Flo, I'll take some of those pancakes with a handful of bacon today.
Whirlwind day planned today, starting with the grocery/beer trek, along with a doctor's appointment and then home for the tractor/mower repairman...if the appointment taker understood about not being here in the morning.
Cut and stacked some more firewood yesterday morning. Then had the propane delivery guy around noon. The tank ran out Tuesday, the gauge that they installed the last time was installed incorrectly so we didn't know that we were out until we were out! They couldn't reinstall it last time without letting several gallons of my propane out into the air. Didn't know that it didn't work until he put some into the tank. Different guy still couldn't install it correctly yesterday, so I did it for him. He did fix a minor leak that we had as well. Outrageous that I had to pay $2.05/gallon. They still haven't charged me for the new gauge, that now works! Spent an hour and 45 minutes on what should have been a 20 minute job, thus delaying my lunch and nap!!!

Thanks for the likes and comments on the weathered boxcars yesterday; Jerome, Dave, Phil, Justin, Patrick, Ken, Curt, Tom, Sherrel.

I did finally make it to the train shed yesterday. Cleared off ore of the workbench and started a simple Pikestuff plastic kit to go into the peninsula across from the industrial park. As it says, "Kitbasher Series", essentially meaning that like most Pikestuff kite, you decide where and what doors and windows to install and cut your own openings.
06-27-19 001.JPG

06-27-19 002.JPG

Instead of the "L" shape depicted on the package, I used the parts differently to make a longer rectangular structure.
Here I have cut the wall openings.
06-27-19 003.JPG

And assembled them together.
06-27-19 007.JPG

Today, I will install the doors/windows and roof. I already have a handful of signs and a few roof details. I also decided that I needed a tire stand out front, and since the kit comes with no details at all, I had to fabricate one myself.
06-27-19 013.JPG

Whoops! Looks like I didn't have the tires settled in correctly when the picture was taken. They're not glued so no big deal.

Louis - Thanks for the invite, but after Karl's post, I'm not sure that I can eat crabs again.
Patrick - What do you keep doing that screws up your knee? I ask because my wife is going to get her first one done next month and I don't want her screwing hers up.
Curt - Believe me, I would be using someone other than Sears to do the repairs, but everyone else around here either 1) charges an exorbitant fee for venturing out this far, 2) cannot get out until after July 8, or 3) doesn't do that type of repair.

Everybody have an awesome day.

Good morning ! Today everything at the breakfast bar is my treat. Today is my 83rd birthday. Never dreamed I'd get so old.
It's a pleasant 81*, clear and sunny, only get up to 92* later.
Wish all a "HELAVA" good day.
Phil

I can't believe how old people my age are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back