Coupler help

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
I have a Genesis ADM hopper I picked up. I'd like to change couplers to the KayDee whisker couplers. The problem is, they are too wide for the box. Has anyone found a solution to this?
12.jpg
13.jpg

I had to use the weird brass springs from Scale Trains' couplers, along with the standard, non-whisker scale head coupler on those. It's something of a PITA. I do have some extra springs, if you want to give them a try.

I had to use the weird brass springs from Scale Trains' couplers, along with the standard, non-whisker scale head coupler on those. It's something of a PITA. I do have some extra springs, if you want to give them a try.

Terry, gonna look around. There has to be a fix besides changing out the coupler box.

Jerry, this isn't a replacement coupler box, it's just a differently configured brass spring to go in the box you have, with a standard coupler.

Jerry, this isn't a replacement coupler box, it's just a differently configured brass spring to go in the box you have, with a standard coupler.
Terry, sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I meant to say that I would have thought that KayDee would have come up with a new style coupler when the Genesis cars came out with the narrower coupler boxes.

Back