Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

You may have noticed a couple of numbers were skipped in the Great Circus Train Accessories series, I have no info what so ever about those 3 numbers.

You may also have noticed I skipped numbers 1390 and 1391 in the GCT wagon series, those two kits were a Barnes chassis and a Gollmar chassis to finish your wagons in a different time period. The main difference was wooden parade wheels or rubber wheels, I think.
I believe the difference was the gear/wheels used on the Preiser Barnes Wagon compared to the gear/wheels on the Preiser Golmer Mirror Wagon; they were both a little different. They fetch a premium when you can find them. Some of the Walthers resin kits came with these Preiser produced under gear sets instead of the Wiking produced standard under gear with pneumatic tires included with most of the wagons.

Great info on the accessories. I never realized there were so many.

Last edited:
Hey Eric,

Thanks for the info on the chassis!

Preiser has at least 37 other figure sets that are Circus/Carnival related that were not sold under the Great Circus Accessories banner.

That's everything I have/know about the Walthers circus kits.

Anybody interested in the Simmons and Circus Train Miniatures kits?

I'll need some help from the audience, I don't know all the numbers etc, but I have around another 40 pix, if there is some interest.

Great, let's start with the wagon that opens the parade.

IMG_5943.JPG

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the info on the chassis!

Preiser has at least 37 other figure sets that are Circus/Carnival related that were not sold under the Great Circus Accessories banner.
The Preiser cage, baggage, and Mirror wagons also were released with Circus Jaeger printing. All were released with and without a team of horses.
Reynold
Puyallup

Since my Milwaukee Road, 1973 version from Baraboo to Milwaukee just started a 20 foot expansion, I thought I'd pick back up with some wagon info,

The Swan Wagon, Sparkling Star Models.

IMG_5948.JPG

This is the Golden Brothers Mirror Tableau, from about 1922. The version I have in this image is blue with a Arched skyboard, similar to the 1965 repaint.

IMG_5951.JPG

The current version at CWM is Yellow, like the 1923 Golden Brothers Version. I could barely get to the wagon as it was behind the Cannonball Truck.

IMG_1668.JPG

The Golden Brothers Tab was unique in that the "artwork" was paint instead of carvings, note my model is incorrect.

I know nothing really about circus trains, wagons or anything else. But, I love the pictures and the details on the wagons you are showing.

The guy who does my free lance decals also is a circus guy and lives in Baraboo, Wi. with xceptional access to the Circus World museum. He has been 3D printing wagons and other things plus decals. This may be of some interest or you may know of him. Matt Welke at:

circuscitydecals.com

TomO

Hi Tom,

Matt has an Awesome Great Circus Train and his decals are among the best! He used to spend some time in this thread, I think he ( along with Johnny ) spends time on FB now.

His 3D printed wagons look amazing and I'll have to start collecting those as well!

Thanks Joe, love ur models. Matt has his own FB page and of course he is now full time with the decals and modeling. It’s working out well for him. Him and his dad are two of the nicest people you can meet.

TomO

The France Wagon, from CTM, I believe. Built in 1903 in Cincinnati as the Germany Wagon, name was changed to America because of WW1, it then served out it's parade duties as France.

IMG_5953.JPG

Circus World in 2015.

IMG_1659.JPG

Back