Forum Notification E-mails and how to stop them.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
The new forum software sends out notifications of replies to threads you've posted in, or that you've chosen to mark as "watched".

That can be really handy, especially for those threads you want to follow but get few replies. On the other hand, some topics, like the coffee shop for example, can quickly get annoying.

Here's how to turn them off for a particular topic. At the bottom of each notification e-mail, you'll find a link "disable emails from this thread" Click that, and they'll be stopped for that thread.

Hi, Bob.... First of all, thank you for all you do to keep this site going.

Second... I don't mind the notifications, which come to my gmail address, but each one has this warning:

Be careful with this message
Gmail could not verify that it actually came from modelrailroadforums@gmail.com. Avoid clicking links, downloading attachments, or replying with personal information.

It doesn't go to spam (and I set a filter so it won't go to spam) but the warning persists. Are other people getting the same warning?

I found this item which might or might not be useful....

https://support.google.com/mail/ans...36566958-2064439731&p=sent_warning&hl=en&rd=2

Could have something to do with the site not being a HTTP/S site meaning that everything that is sent to and from the forums is not encrypted, it all goes and comes in "plain language". As such, google possibly regards all messages sent from the forums as suspicious.

Could have something to do with the site not being a HTTP/S site meaning that everything that is sent to and from the forums is not encrypted, it all goes and comes in "plain language". As such, google possibly regards all messages sent from the forums as suspicious.

The support link that I posted in my previous note includes advice to senders who may be forwarding mail from a non-gmail account through a gmail account.

I don't know if the email notices from here are set up to forward from another domain through the modelrailroadforums@gmail.com address, but if so, that might explain what's happening. (The link also has instructions on how to end the suspicious message notices if that is the case.)

But I'm wondering if other users who are using gmail and who receive notices from here also get the same warning I'm getting.

The new forum software sends out notifications of replies to threads you've posted in, or that you've chosen to mark as "watched".

That can be really handy, especially for those threads you want to follow but get few replies. On the other hand, some topics, like the coffee shop for example, can quickly get annoying.

Here's how to turn them off for a particular topic. At the bottom of each notification e-mail, you'll find a link "disable emails from this thread" Click that, and they'll be stopped for that thread.
I'm new to this forum. I can't delete Emails. How do I do that??

I'm new to this forum. I can't delete Emails. How do I do that??
Click on your user name in the upper right corner of the forum home page, just under the banner picture. When it opens, click "preferences", then uncheck any notifications you don't want to get.

Back