Running Bear's Coffee Shop May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning everyone.....beautiful day in Wisconsin.

Received yesterday three DVD's of George Sellios', layout the F&SM.

More time time on the kitchen project.

Some computer time and maybe in the afternoon the train room.

Chet: Good tip on the turnout repair.

Willie:
Enjoyed looking at the earlier posting of your Saulena's Tavern and other structures.

Toot: How do we really know that's your photograph for your Avatar and not someone else's photograph???

Greg

Last edited:
Better watch it, GREG ... You will turn into ME! (too much watching and not enough doing)

Willie ... You can't scare me ... I know how you look! Don't try and fool us. BTW - nice buildings!

Weather is normal for this time of year -- a little on the cool side half the day until the low clouds burn off, then the sun comes out and the afternoon turns out very nice around 73 degrees.
Thanks for the comments on the confuser. Think I will try ONE more battery before taking it back to the Geeks.
Maybe I just got a defective battery like Terry's new, new fan to replace the old new fan!

Good morning.

Justin ... I too have repaired turnouts with super glue. I held the rail
In place until the glue set with a track gauge with some weight on top.

Willie ... you said you are considering changing your avatar to a photo of you. Does that mean your are not one of the old buzzards in your current avatar . LOL .... Sorry but I could not resist that one. ... your buildings look good and I like the signs on them.

Johnny ... yes, we were fortunate regarding weather for the Branson trip. We had no rain for the train ride as you said. On the way home , we had some drizzling from Poplar Bluff to the Mississippi River. Not bad considering storms south of us.

My Empire Builder has three Walthers cars needing grab irons installed. I decided to do that before doing the same for the Super Chief cars I will be operating.

Last edited:
Willie ... you said you are considering changing your avatar to a photo of you. Does that mean your are not one of the old buzzards in your current avatar . LOL .... Sorry but I could not resist that one. ... your buildings look good and I like the signs on them.
I'm still an old young buzzard!

Willie

Afternoon All,

Was woke up this morning by a strange yellow light coming through the window...I couldn't figure out what it was. Very lazy day but spent some time in the train room prepping for LED hookup. Tomorrow I'm driving up to see Phil and Jon.

Garry- Thank you.

Willie- Thank you. You've been doing a lot of gardening. All your buildings look great but my favorite is the auto parts store. When I saw the pizza place I thought I had seen it before.

My buddy Tom uses this method for his lighting so I figured I would give it a try. I used a Dremel metal cut off wheel to separate the metal bars so there would be 2 separate sides. Note to self the plastic is very hot after being cut. I then weaved a wire as shown in the picture on each side. When the lights are added they will be soldered onto the loops.

20180523_135013.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Toot: How do we really know that's your photograph for your Avatar and not someone else's photograph???
He,he! Yes Greg, that's probably one of the things about the internet that is the most disturbing. Being who you are not. Some years ago we had a fellow who went by the name of Hal, IIRC, who posted lots of pictures of "himself, family, friends etc", but in the end turned out to be of somewhat disturbing personality. I think he got banned in the end. I ignored him mostly from early on, but often wondered if who we were seeing photos of was really him.

He,he! Yes Greg, that's probably one of the things about the internet that is the most disturbing. Being who you are not. Some years ago we had a fellow who went by the name of Hal, IIRC, who posted lots of pictures of "himself, family, friends etc", but in the end turned out to be of somewhat disturbing personality. I think he got banned in the end. I ignored him mostly from early on, but often wondered if who we were seeing photos of was really him.
OMG, RAY .. That's really dregging up the skelletons - Ole Hal was a work of art!
Are y'all talking about this guy?
500px-HAL9000.svg.png

My favorite opening music and sci-fi visuals in that movie. I tried to listen to all of it once, a half of once was enough.

Good morning everyone. 68 and mostly sunny in SW MO, heading for 83 with chance of rain through the day.

This forum is getting weird: talking about avatars, not being who we seem to be, and losing our minds. I thought anyone who was into model railroading had already lost his mind?!?o_O

From the train room - - working on a couple of structure builds, and putting down more scenery outside of the town. May have some photos to post soon. Hmmm - given the problems I've been having with photos posting upside down, maybe I should stand on my head and take the photos upside down in the first place? Hey, Toot - does Australia sell upside-down cameras?!?

Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All. 69° and clear to start the day. Temperature range from 65° to 94° is forecast for the next 5 or 6 days, then 100°+ for a few days. We don't normally get triple digits in May. I guess Mother Nature is making up for last summer when we didn't hit 100° but once. Heading out for the grocery/beer trek soon today, looks like Walmart is also on the itinerary.
Thanks for the many comments regarding the various structures that I have been posting, Greg, Sherrel, Garry, Curt and anyone else that I may have missed.
Out in the train shed, I made some progress with ground cover and road/sidewalk building. As a diversion while paint/glue dried, I painted some more Preiser figures. Ended up running trains which cut the work session short. Oh well! That's why I have them to begin with.

Greg - Even though they are far from my era and locale, I can watch George Sellios videos over and over for hours, and still pick up something that I hadn't seen despite repeated views. Enjoy them. Be careful though, you don't want to become another Sherrel!o_O
Garry - As I had posted to Joe last week, those Downtown Deco structures can really add a lot of character to a layout. I felt that the auto parts signs came out well, very typical for a small town store on the down side of life.
Curt - I do enjoy gardening very much. My produce beats the store-bought stuff hands down. Have a great trip to see Phil and Jon. I wish that I had some fellow modelers close by.

Out of photos temporarily, I'll put that on my train shed list of to-dos. Meanwhile everyone have a great day.

Willie

Good Morning everyone....beautiful morning here in Wisconsin.

Willie: I have an extensive collection of train and model railroading videos and usually watch them at the cabin during a rainy day or for inspiration when I get in a modeling rut. I am a real fan of George Sellios, Howard Zane and the late John Allen.

Anti-virus software...anyone use Avast software??? I've had problems with Norton and found the Avast software to be overall well suited to my needs.

Last day for cabinet installation and back to normal until after Memorial Day when the counter tops are measured and cut at the manufacturing plant.

That's all for now.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back