Switches

Depends on the switch machine. With the exception of Tortoise-like switch machines the are usually momentary switches with the default "open"

I think on most a SPDT center off switch will work but the switch would have to return to center on its own. You wouldnt want to forget to turn it off. I had some wired that way on an old layout. Not sure what you have that may make a difference.

Depending on switch machine. I use Tortoise machines and use DPDT switches to control them.
On the Atlas and types like that, you can use a SPDT and momentary contact switches to do that trick.

I am using N scale Bachman EZ track switches. The switch box they come with is rather large and I wanted to make a control board with different switches.

I am using N scale Bachman EZ track switches. The switch box they come with is rather large and I wanted to make a control board with different switches.

You'll need something capable of momentary power. Twin coil machines are easily burned out if power is continually applied.

Click-->

For each set of turnouts, I use a pair of these little dandies. Normal open momentary contact push button switches from Radio Shack.

13.gif
Willis

Back