First Post...and Photos!

shaun31us

Ridin' High with the DT&I
Hey All! This is my first post, and I just thought I'd give a little introduction, and some photos of my layout! My name is Shaun, I live in Las Vegas, and I model the Detroit, Toledo, and Ironton in Ohio! Here's some photos of my work. Please, let me know what you think! :D

CIMG1849.jpg

CIMG1829.jpg

CIMG1838.jpg

CIMG1901.jpg

CIMG1900.jpg

CIMG1712.jpg

Lastlight2.jpg

WFArea.jpg

Horses.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Photos are always good :D

Looks like you have a nice layout going there. Looking forward to your posts in the future. :)

New Photos

Hey All! This is my first post, and I just thought I'd give a little introduction, and some photos of my layout! My name is Shaun, I live in Las Vegas, and I model the Detroit, Toledo, and Ironton in Ohio! Here's some photos of my work. Please, let me know what you think! :D

I think the photos of the engines and the roadbed look great. You did a nice job on the roadbed. Did the DT&I just build that water tower. It looks kind of new. Maybe some weathering there.

NYC_George

Looks great and welcome. The waterfall is great and all looks good. Some dull coat and weather will help. That comes with time. Keep up the good work.

Shaun A very big welcome to "THE FORUM" the patrons are all fantastic people. The shot's of your layout are brilliant.

First off, Welcome to the forum, Shaun! Absolute great work you are doing. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone for the welcome and the comments! As for weathering the buildings, that's a project I have yet to start! Believe me, there's plenty of details to be completed on those! I'm mostly concerned with getting my lighting and signals wired in right now...then those projects will be next! I'll keep you all updated! Here's a couple more photos!

newpeople3.jpg

Newpeople2.jpg

newrd9.jpg

Nice to meet you Shaun and welcome to the forum. You have a very nice and well done layout going. Hope to see lots of posts from you. Great work on the scenery. Can you lighten your future photos up some? Then I can see better to drool over your fine work.;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, Shaun. There is always room on the bench...we'll just slide down so you have a warm spot.

Very nice work. You have been at this a while, and you clearly have an eye. I'll be it is a fun layout already.

Nice to meet you Shaun and welcome to the forum. You have a very nice and well done layout going. Hope to see lots of posts from you. Great work on the scenery. Can you lighten your future photos up some? Then I can see better to drool over your fine work.;) :D

Drool away! :D (hope ya don't mind, Shaun) EMD goodness in DT&I's awesome paint scheme.

235884181.gif

Welcome Shaun! Really enjoyed viewing your photos. The DTI loco paint scheme played a role in my choosing the colors of my fictional Iron Belt shortline.

Did you grow up in southeast Michigan before moving to Vegas? I'm just curious what made you choose DTI...

Back