Switching layout

That is a good suggestion Dave. Besides a lot of action for now, it would be easy to hinge the benchwork at the inside corner across for moving and it could join up with any kind of future development with a logical flow. The only thing I would do different is have it at least 24" to 30" wide at all areas

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the diamond at the factory and grocery warehouse.By the way,the "Happy Tree Painter" was Bob Ross.Used to watch him on PBS.

Smitthdieseldoc Thanks! :Slip of the finger , the F and the R are so close on this type of "buttonscreen"

Jos

Thanks Dave that's a good drawing to give me some ideas. Hmm..... boy what I wouldn't give to have a permanent place to setup a track though :)

Hey thanks Jack that's definately helpful, I liked how he did his modules. I'll have to see what I can do as far as that stuff goes.

Nick - another thought struck me - good switching and circuits too - look on here
http://www.gatewaynmra.org/project.htm
There are some here that may be just what you need and, with careful planning, the boards could be made to take apart for transport and storage.Gateway Central IX(2002) would be a good one, as would the "St Louis Central. Above all - have fun!
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

Take a look at this 4 x 8. I could bery easily be convereted to a 2 x 8 if you wanted. IT is very well thought out. Add staging and you have considerable action.

trkpln4x8_m.gif

I do like that but whenever I see it I still think about going ahead and re-doing the L-shape(for whatever weird reason) just to have a little more track area. How could this one be shrunk down to 2x8???

I do like that but whenever I see it I still think about going ahead and re-doing the L-shape(for whatever weird reason) just to have a little more track area. How could this one be shrunk down to 2x8???

Cut it in half, keep the switching side and straighten the main(s).

Remember, running trains is only half the hobby. Making it look good is a part of it too. It's too easy to get so involved in one that you don't allow for the other.

Back