I started the Rock Ridge Mine

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
Actually, it is the Muir Models Tonopah Silver Mine, but I won't tell if you won't.

Anyway, talk about a challenge. Actually it's not that hard once you figure it out. And you get clues. They give you a 2 x 3 black and white photo to go by in which the mine is maybe 1/2" x 1 1x2" and looks to be something distant in the next valley. To be fair they give you instructions with somethig vaguely resembling blue-prints/ And if you take each of the these three things all together and you guess wildly you have a 50-50 chance of getting something that resembles what you expect before you run out of wood.

My wife says, "What are you complaining about? You love this kind of stuff."

I'll post pic tomorrow.

I've been avoiding this mine for almost 2 years. Tonight for some reason, it just started itself.

My wife says, "What are you complaining about? You love this kind of stuff."
Now THAT is a familiar line. Especially when I opened that GP50 and the truck fell out...

Projects are fun, then they "end" so you find a new one. Or, in my case they stall...

Chip,

Now that'll put some hair on your chest!

Older style [e.g. non-lasercut] wood kits always take a huge amount of time, they're not my favorite to work on that's for sure. I did one once for a friend's layout, it was also my last. Nothing but laser-cut for me from now on!

Hang in there, just take it slow...good luck

Good Luck with that one Chip, My fingers don't work to well to attempt those kind of things !

Back