WEEKEND photo fun Feb 16th - 18th

This is the 11ft x 14" backdrop i got off Ebay for peanuts. the actual quallity is very good, it's printed on very thick vinyl and has a nice matt, no shine finnish, worth £10 of anyone's money,,, and to think you would pay over $100 for an equivilant at the B------p w-------e

a379_1.jpg

In the last two weeks I've managed to reclaim the last three buildings in downtown Rock Ridge. Here are the before and afters.

traincity88.gif

traincity89.gif

traincity90.gif

Bolton Scale Rail show 2007
We went to the local show today at Bolton, there were 16 layouts in scales N, OO, EM, HO, O but the show was dominated by O scale which is getting very popular

This is an HO american railroad based on the Pacific north west, modern era
P2170067.jpg

This again is HO american and is based on the Wisconsin Central with lot's of street running
P2170069.jpg

This is an O scale diorama depicting Oldham station (John's local) near manchester, the loco's are brass with DCC sound and smoke, 1980's era
P2170077.jpg

Can't remember were this was based but it was nice, in OO
P2170089.jpg

And a German N scale railway based in the black Forest area of Germany, in n scale
P2170091.jpg

And a huge O scale railway set in 1947, southern England, very good this one
P2170082.jpg

And some stuff we bought today in 1/87th scale

This is a German M.A.N. truck and two Fendt tractors
P2170117.jpg

And a Leibherr excavator, The very big one next to the 20ton volvo excavator on it's left, it dwarfs it.
P2170115.jpg

and the new owners fooling around
P2170116.jpg

RJRs weeks

If only I had checked my calandar I could have come to Bolton with you today!! Its only 30 mins away. Never mind. This week has seen a couple of developments down by the wharf.

The wharf has now become home to of flock of ducks, the old guy encourages them . (fiddly to paint !!!)

198145d75c89efb5a.jpg

And the building development has been extended with some new office blocks

198145d75ce4c19d5.jpg

Due to lack of land between the existing town and the water, the developers got permission to build over the track to gain extra letting space

view from either side....

198145d75d640b4b4.jpg

198145d75d86a3f90.jpg

Going to go and give some thought as to an easy way to make all those window frames now !!

John
RJR Branch Line

Nice work John,,, the show's on again tommorow, some nice stuff, or there's Rochdale or is it Heywood very soon

rochdale/heywood

Steve B

Sunday's are alway chocker for us but if you know date/ venue for rochdale/heywood let me know

Thanks

John

Nice pics all,
Chip I can hear the pianoman playing on his piano...
Nice/great pics Steve!! I like the one of the 1947 southern England...love the countryside:)
The excavator( Liebher) is awesome!! Btw I've seen in national Geographic an article some years ago that there are even bigger ones:eek:
John , that building make it even more interesting, I like it allot the way you placed it!
And that's so great about "your" scale: "the ducks"!! great!
Thanks!

Jos

Added a hand rail to the Rock Ridge catwalk and some split rail hitching posts. Gotta tie up the horses and keep the Lilliputians from falling off the back of Tater Mountain.

traincity94.gif

traincity91.gif

traincity92.gif

traincity93.gif

Looks like another great weekend on the WPF. I finally finished my Walthers Refinery. It was quite a challenge with all the pipes, work platforms, ladders, and having to paint everything. Here it is in temp place with a Scenics Express background. This area will include loading/unloading tanker stations, more storage tanks and field piping, and a process building that will also, load drums onto boxcars.

ahm.sized.jpg

ANOTHER VIEW

ahn.sized.jpg

A Little Closer

aho.sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, that is a fantastic bargain on the background. It looks great! I also like the trains show shots.

John, your 3d shot of the industrial area is a good one. That pavement is very real looking.

Chip, your town is coming together and looking better all the time. Hitching rails added a lot.

Chip: Ones uppon a time in the west....tingtongtungtinggedong tingtongtongtingtingting.... . great pics and created atmosphere on your layout!!
Rex, now I am a litle bit affraid because of the Walthers refinery....I(we) are going to built two:eek: of them in scale N for our N scale modulelayout....Now I know I have to take some(allot) time for it!!

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:

Back