goldenflame fuel?

jt5

i'm thinking about puchasing goldenflame fuel company but i need a prototype picture if anyone had a picture that would be great i don't want it to look out of place.

I looked up a picture of that kit online and it looks like a local coal company we have here. They are along a siding at the freight yard. They used to be the place to get coal for heating homes and business i guess. The silos were there a couple of years ago and they were still selling coal and now sell oil. I think for an early time frame it would be a great kit for a coal source to the public. If you are modeling modern times they would still fit in just add a few oil tanks and some delivery trucks for both. I use single dome tank cars on stilts for my oil tanks. Is very good if space is tight. Hope that helps.

Lumber & Fuel

i'm thinking about puchasing goldenflame fuel company but i need a prototype picture if anyone had a picture that would be great i don't want it to look out of place.

This is a model of Coleman's Lumber and Coal in Pawling, NY. Our RR club did a model of the of the town as it was in 1948. Jay M. did the model of Colemen's. The elevator that lifted the coal was at the end of the three wood silos instead of were it is in the Walthers kit. It also had a fuel oil tank in the middle of the yard. It had two large building for lumber and a office.

NYC_George

View attachment 5701

View attachment 5702

Pawling Colemans Lumber & Coal

NYC- George, That looks like a great coal yard !!!

Paul
That's almost an exact model of Coleman Lumber and Coal in Pawling, NY as it was in 1948. It was condensed a little for space but not much.The person who modeled it is an graphic artist and also did the track work for the layout. He says in my business straight is every thing.

NYC_George

George - What's become of the Pawling, NY club? I heard that they were very active and successful for a time as a modular club (as your images suggest). But of late I can't find any reference to them at all on-line or through the usual club listings. Is the group still in operation?

NYW&B

NYC_George , We have the silos for coal still standing in one part of our city. Will try to get a picture of them when weather permits. I also think that that there fellow did a fantastic job of modeling !

Last edited by a moderator:
Pawling Model RR Club

George - What's become of the Pawling, NY club? I heard that they were very active and successful for a time as a modular club (as your images suggest). But of late I can't find any reference to them at all on-line or through the usual club listings. Is the group still in operation?

NYW&B

Here's a photo of us. The Pawling Model RR club was formed five years ago when the town wanted a model of the village along RR avenue. After we completed that project we started are own modular layout that still isn't no where near done. I found out one thing about model railroading being retired is every thing. John our president retired last year and I plan on retiring next year when I'm 62. Then the club will take off. So for now we meet every month at my house to run trains and have a good time.

NYC_George

View attachment 5745

Last edited by a moderator:

Back