Soundtraxx Tsunami in an HO IHC oldtime 4-4-0

hminky

I have pictures of my preliminary installation of a Soundtraxx Tsunami in an HO IHC 4-4-0 at:

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/1879/locomotives/ihc_sound/

ihc_sound.jpg

Thank you if you visit
Harold

This is one for Spacemouse and Doc

Cor Blimey Harold, you deserve a Gold medal for that instalation job, top marks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice going, Harold. Looks like you have conquered tight places;) . Curious, what did you mean at the web page when you said the auto chuff only produced 1/revolution. Didn't the autochuff CV take the adjustment? Anyway, looking forward to seeing the tender completed.

Nice going, Harold. Looks like you have conquered tight places;) . Curious, what did you mean at the web page when you said the auto chuff only produced 1/revolution. Didn't the autochuff CV take the adjustment? Anyway, looking forward to seeing the tender completed.

At the highest CV value of 255 it would only produce one chuff per revolution.

Harold

Thanks Harold. I sure am puzzled as to why. I wonder if something in the DDE settings are causing this. It would be interesting to see what Soundtraxx would say about it.

This is one for Spacemouse and Doc

Cor Blimey Harold, you deserve a Gold medal for that instalation job, top marks

I just sold my two IHC 4-4-0's. I figured I go with the MDC sound units. I will however, convert my MDC 2-6-0's to Tsunami's as per his other photo essay.

Thanks Harold. I sure am puzzled as to why. I wonder if something in the DDE settings are causing this. It would be interesting to see what Soundtraxx would say about it.

The Tsunami's used were from my On30 Bachmann 2-8-0's. In the 2-8-0's they had a very low CV value. The one in the MDC 2-8-0 required a CV value of 134 to achieve the 4 chuff's the same as the On30 loco.

Maybe it has something to do with the small N scale size motor I use in the IHC 4-4-0.

Harold

Back