Photos from the H.O.M.E.S. Club in Hamilton, Ont.

CP9302

Last weekend I got the opportunity to visit the HO Model Engineers Society Club Layout in Hamilton Ontario with a group of my clubs members. We were in Paris Ontario for a train show and met up with a former member of ours who moved to Hamilton and joined the H.O.M.E.S. club.

The H.O.M.E.S. club is based on the TH&B RY in the 1950's. The HO scale layout is huge and the track is completely hand layed. While not finished, the scenes that are done are out standing.

My thanks to Willy and Paul for showing us around. I hope to be able to see it again.

Hey Fred, thoes pictures look great. I wish I was there, but hey things happen. Hope you had a good time, hope to see you next week at the Club, when we have our next operating night of 50's to late 70's Era running.

H.O.M.E.S. layout

Ha ha, I didn't miss them..I like much landscape (with 1train?.....);)
CP9302: These pictures are great sir and the H.o.m.e.s. has a very, very beautiful layout!

Jos

What a GREAT-looking layout, thanx for sharing!

On my own layout, there is a building similar to that coiled steel shipment facility (same color in fact). It is a repainted Walthers "rolling mill" building with that same 'light' overhead crane. I'll try their idea and open up the end of the building to fit the crane inside - much more convincing than what I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Fred, I meant to reply to this thread some time ago. Those are great shots of some terrific modeling. Thanks for posting them.

Cheers Willis

Hey Fred that looks great .Could that be the Welland Canal I see there ?

Yes that is the Welland canal there, I loved this layout.

Last time i checked H.o.m.e.s club got evicted and moved a block from where i lived in Hamilton. It is a shame but i expect they are excited to start fresh.

Cool . Always loved watching those big babies going through there . I go to St. Catherines for Polish Sausage but don't quite make it up to Hamilton !!

Back