H.O. Scale wish list

rock4329

What would you like to see made in H.O. scale, that isn't produced now?? The list can include ANYTHING, whether it be Loco's, Vehicles, Rolling Stock, Whatever!!!

My wish list is this:

1. A Alco HH600, or 660. I'd love to see Atlas put this one out!!!
2. There is currently a H.O. 1969 Camaro out, But I'd like to see a hardtop Z28 version with a hood scoop, spoiler, and stripes!!!
3. UP and MP style RTR CA11 cabooses!!!
4. Atlas again, How about a S6 switcher???!!!

Thats MY list for now!!! Until I think of more!!!.......

What would YOU like to see produced???

THE real DEAL!!!!

:rolleyes: Oooooo.....um this is an easy one for me....

1.) SLUG units in all RR that had them!

2.) B units in all RR that had them. (example GP7B or GP9B)

3.) Fuel tenders for RR that had them. (like BN, UP, SP etc..example UPT7)

4.) How about more Road number variety and not just for locos but rolling stock too!

5.) How about pototypical MOW vehicles?

6.) Oh I almost forgot... spare tenders for the steamers with kadee on front for hookups to the main tender. Example UP has the extra ones on its Steam excursions etc. MLW 261 has it too.

What else can I dream up...:rolleyes:

I will be back to add more with some more after thought :p LOL...:D

I was thinking about this over the holidays, mainly along the steam route.

I'd like to see a modern 4-4-0, with piston valves and cross-compound air pump. These were around on at least one railroad until the '50s.

I'd also like to see a modern Mogul, 2-6-0. Same thing, piston valves and cross-compound pump. For branchline work. Or, if you want to recreate the Dr. Hastings Peterboro, NH picture.

Kennedy

ES44DC & SD70ACe's... Then there's also the SD90/43MAC & AC6000CW. The rest I can get, or already have.

Well my model is coming but it's not produced yet. A high hood SD40-2. I would like a high hood SD-45 though

-dekruif

What would you like to see made in H.O. scale, that isn't produced now?? The list can include ANYTHING, whether it be Loco's, Vehicles, Rolling Stock, Whatever!!!

My wish list is this:

1. A Alco HH600, or 660. I'd love to see Atlas put this one out!!!
2. There is currently a H.O. 1969 Camaro out, But I'd like to see a hardtop Z28 version with a hood scoop, spoiler, and stripes!!!
3. UP and MP style RTR CA11 cabooses!!!
4. Atlas again, How about a S6 switcher???!!!

Thats MY list for now!!! Until I think of more!!!.......

What would YOU like to see produced???

Can't help you with anything but number three.

The Mopac Short Bay Window caboose, the model that UP copied for their CA-11 class, is currently offered by Rail Yard Models. See here:

http://www.railyardmodels.com/mopacsbwcaboose.html

800_13847.jpg

:rolleyes: Oooooo.....um this is an easy one for me....

1.) SLUG units in all RR that had them!

2.) B units in all RR that had them. (example GP7B or GP9B)

3.) Fuel tenders for RR that had them. (like BN, UP, SP etc..example UPT7)

4.) How about more Road number variety and not just for locos but rolling stock too!

5.) How about pototypical MOW vehicles?

6.) Oh I almost forgot... spare tenders for the steamers with kadee on front for hookups to the main tender. Example UP has the extra ones on its Steam excursions etc. MLW 261 has it too.

What else can I dream up...:rolleyes:

I will be back to add more with some more after thought :p LOL...:D

Athearn has offered at least one number of the 62 ft. tank car decorated for a BN fuel tender. I seem to recall an article in MR several years ago detailing the construction of one of the shorter tenders based on the same 62 ft. tank car kit.

For vehicles, I'd like to see some new Mini Coopers (They may exist, I just haven't found them yet).

For motive power, I'd like to see a new model of the SW1 with sound. Also, I'd like to see someone make a GP7/GP9, SD7/SD9 with a chopped nose. All anyone ever releases is the hi-hood vesions.

That's just the beginning... :D

Brian S.

So true about the SW1, since Walthers seems to have no interest in rereleasing it, but I could give or take a sound version.

The reason chop nose versions of many first generation diesels aren't widely manufactured is because each was a custom job, and each has its own characteristics, although there was a great deal of similarity between the various shops' chop noses. In fact, this is the same reason you don't see B units offered, except for ATSF GP60Bs. Slugs are a different matter - again, each one was custom built, so the wide variety of types and dimensions from one road to the next is a major hurdle for marketability. Also, the inability of manufacturers to offer models in more than one paint scheme is a major detractor, so don't hold your breath on slugs unless you're into resin kits.

Back to the problem of chop noses...

You can simply perform your own rhinoplasty and add the Des Plaines Hobbies window insert in the blank area in the cab front. Kaslo Shops makes a Paducah GP10 kit, so you might be able to purchase the low nose from them, but I don't know if that's a separate part or not. I think Tiger Valley might have offered a chop nose kit at one time, but I'm a little foggy on that one. Or, if you can live with the sloping nose, just use the nose from a P2K GP20.

My wishlist includes some Amtrak equipment that currently is only available in Brass. I would like to see more affordable versions produced in plastic.
  1. Amtrak Pacific Parlour lounge car
  2. Amtrak Surfliner Cars

Did someone say Triple 57 spine cars! I'd like one of those.

I would also like to see more Canadian prototypes. Like a CP SD40-2 or GP38-2 and maybe CN SD40-2W and GP40-2W.

Some modern automobiles from GM or Chrysler would be nice too. Maybe some Dodge Mini Vans, as they are built in Windsor.

I think Josh has the easiest list, Tower 55 is doing SD70ACe's and an ES44DC is very similar to their ES44AC. Kato did an SD90/43MAC and the SD90MAC-H is an easy kitbash. An 6000hp SD90 is a little more work. And Broadway Limited does an AC6000.

I'm still waiting for SD70ACe's too!

RCH,

That is one AWESOME model of a MP CA11!!!!!!!! BUT, I absolutely REEK at putting together and PAINTING models!!! If the body was pre-painted and decalled, that'd be one thing, but, like I said in my post, a RTR model!!!! LOL!!

Did someone say Triple 57 spine cars! I'd like one of those.
Git of yer butt Boy, I'm waiting to buy 10!

I would also like to see more Canadian prototypes. Like a CP SD40-2 or GP38-2 and maybe CN SD40-2W and GP40-2W.
KASLO!

Some modern automobiles from GM or Chrysler would be nice too. Maybe some Dodge Mini Vans, as they are built in Windsor.

I think Josh has the easiest list, Tower 55 is doing SD70ACe's and an ES44DC is very similar to their ES44AC. Kato did an SD90/43MAC and the SD90MAC-H is an easy kitbash. An 6000hp SD90 is a little more work. And Broadway Limited does an AC6000.

I'm still waiting for SD70ACe's too!
Meh, the ES44DC/AC's and SD70ACe's still hit my wishlist because I don't yet own one!

The SD90 series poses a big problem. One, the H series is a 6000hp unit. the H-II is tougher, as it has the Series II notched cab (now common on SD70ACe/M-2's). An H only requires the dual stack, and angled hood above the engines.
http://www.locophotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=11894
An H-II requires that, and the cab.
http://www.locophotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=18242

The SD90/43MAC's are simple, RPP shells, or Kato. Both with a square hood. I may have missed an after market Series II cab though.

UP no longer owns a 6000HP SD90. EMLX has all the fmr UP ones.

The CP SD90MAC's are different however, I don't know much about what ones they run. If I remember right though, SD90MAC-H & SD90MAC-H II's, no SD90/43MAC's.

There is no real SD90MAC, as that would designate a 6000HP unit converted from an SD90/43MAC, which to my knowledge was never done. The as-delivered 6000hp units have the H series engine, thus all become SD90MAC-H's.

The BLI AC6000 is awesome, however they DON'T have a model of the C60/44AC (Convertible), key details are the single exhaust, and hood doors.

My real "I wish it was available" list follows:
-Gullwing cabbed Dash 9 with proper side windows for 85% of BNSF's Dash 9's
-SD70M with flares
-SD70M with flares & notched cab (not a true series II cab as it still has teardrop windows)
-F59PH (Kaslo did do a run...)
-SD90MAC-H II
-SD39 (though Hi-tech has sides, it'd be nice to have a built one)
-Microscale to re-release the long runner decals!

There might be more, but...

Back