Another Fantastic ARG Meet!

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Hi everyone. Just to let everyone know, we had a BLAST at today's ARG meet. It was held in Tuscaloosa at our gracious host Rex's house. As many here know, Rex has an awesome layout. He and Carey have been hard at work on it since our last visit and it looks even more fantastic. Ya'll have been busy. :cool:

As for the meet, the friendship and food was awesome as usual. Rex, you and the Mrs did a fine job on everything and it's much appreciated! That dessert was super. :cool: I'm glad it was low fat...:D

Here's a group shot.
L to R: Ronnie, Ray (cprman), Mr May, Rex, Jeremy, Scott, LGM, Keith, William and myself.
318173142_495e15adca.jpg

CJ trying hard to avoid the group photo...
318173145_631e8e751a.jpg

Mr May running a train under the yardmaster's watchful eye.
318170198_7c13f8cf12.jpg

Jeremy, a first time ARGer, 16 years old, and a complete train nut.:cool: Welcome to the club and the advanced world of fine scale model railroading, Jeremy.
318170196_753c6f73e8.jpg

Straight from the post office wall... :D Rex and Ray discuss DCC capabilities.
318170195_8f6c58d994.jpg

Keith and LGM playing with two of Kieth's Soundtraxx equipped P2K Geep 30s. Keith is our resident Digitrax dealer, and a heck of a nice guy. It was great to have him attend the meet.:cool:
318170192_c8cf9ba113.jpg

Cornfield meet in the making...:D ARGers running trains!
318170190_5db25fbdd1.jpg

And what ARG post would be complete without a pic of lunch? Rex, you and the Mrs really did a fine job. The food was great!!! Jos, Ken and Steve, I'm betting those baked beans are gonna be good for some serious mileage. :D
318170199_9db950926c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man that looks like fun, hey what's that smell...... Oh I know BEANS!! we have an easterly wind today.

Ken.

Oh man that looks like fun, hey what's that smell...... Oh I know BEANS!! we have an easterly wind today.

Ken.
Heh, odd, we had a west wind earlier today!

Looks like ya'll had fun, and I like the overview shots, were you can see more of that train room!

Great pix Eric, looks like you guys managed to snag yet another youthful modeler (Jeremy) - way2go!:cool:

Rex, I look forward to seeing your layout next time I'm visiting with my Sister-In-Law's family in Pell City.

I'm sure those baked beans would've provided plenty of propellent to get Ken M, Steve, and Jos back to their respective continents!

Hi fellows and a big thanks to our professional photographer, Eric. Oh man, did I ever enjoy having this meet. Everyone seemed so happy and excited running trains and all. At one point, there were 12 of us running trains or tweaking CV's. I believe Carey said we had as many as 16 locos running at one time.

But along with the fun came the disappointment:( . Yeah, that's right. We waited and waited for the two Ken's, Steve, and Jos to show up, but ...never happened. I guess they decided to visit Fergie's layout instead (or got a big hole in the boat:eek: ).:D :D I am glad that many of you showed up in spirit and have joined our fun.

Rex, I look forward to seeing your layout next time I'm visiting with my Sister-In-Law's family in Pell City.
KenL, if you get that close you better come on over or I will drop the price of steel and you will have to close the mill;) :D :D

Cool pic Steve! I thought I felt someone breathing down the back of my neck during that photo... creepy. :D

At one point, there were 12 of us running trains or tweaking CV's. I believe Carey said we had as many as 16 locos running at one time.

Sorry Rex, I miscounted. Here's the correct total:

William- 2
Ronnie- 4
Jeremy- 2
Ray- 2
Keith- 3
David- 1
Scott- 3
LGM- 2
Bill- 1
Eric- 1
-----
Total 21:D

That REALLY gave your DCS200 a real workout!;)

Too bad Bill Barger had to leave before the group pic.

I felt like I'd gone to pieces early Sunday morning, part of me was in Alabama!!

Fantastic pic Steve.

Ken.

Rex, Eric & Steve looks like a reeally nice time was had by all, Wish I could have been there but spirit will have to do I guess !!!!!

Steve, that is definitely a cool picture and you even got Carey back into the photo, hehehehehe! . No wonder I was thinking about all you guys yesterday. Now I know where all the drool came from:D .

Carey: Wow, 22 locos and almost all with sound. That explains why you were having a nervous breakdown as the Jenkins' Yard Master and Eric kept a fire extinguisher near the Command Station.;) :D

An Andy Griffith -style "GRET BIG" Thanks to Rex !!!

Hello Rex and ALL you guys (and Gal-Rex's Wife ) who endeavored to make such a GREAT ARG meet go so well !!! :) Speaking for myself alone , I for one , sure am glad to have the fantastic comaradary in such a super duper hobby as this ! The cuttin' up during the operation session was enough to break anyones determined silence and I was just "jubulant " to see all you guys having so much good clean fun !!! The food , the " surprised tunnel portal meet " with the two steamers and Ronnie's further West ATSF F-unit consist mimicking a H.O. scale re-creation of "Casey Jones" just around (and even inside a tunnel ) ! An Experianced "Yardmaster " who suddenly announces he has "retired "from yardmastering ! Talk about action packed running !!! Sincerely though , Just to let all you guys out there that didn't attend know , you missed a truely very exellent day and we all would like to have more meets like this one ! Super job you guys !!!! Haven't stopped hearing from Jerremy about what an enjoyable time he had , after all , in this day and age , when "new kids" join in , we are definately doing something to further the hobby! Ray D.:D

Ray, It was great that Ronnie and Jeremy came along with you. It was good to see everyone. I also hope that Keith can make it to more of the meets. He's fun to have around and seemed like he had a great time.

With that BBQ and dessert, I couldn't have had anything but a good time!:cool:

Back