Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIX

Good evening. It's clear, windy and 65.
I purchased some HO scale Kato (Atlas) locomotives, as well as a pair of MRC C420s for an obscenely low price. We'll see how many of them are in as good a shape as the photos suggest, but at $125 for 6 locomotives, including shipping, I'll be happy if half of them are good.

Good evening. It's clear, windy and 65.
I purchased some HO scale Kato (Atlas) locomotives, as well as a pair of MRC C420s for an obscenely low price. We'll see how many of them are in as good a shape as the photos suggest, but at $125 for 6 locomotives, including shipping, I'll be happy if half of them are good.

That does sound like a good deal indeed! Hope they work out for you.

Boy have I had some fun today.
Some of my electronics showed up and I dug out some of my old stuff I still have.
So I delved back into that world I haven't been in since first semester in college before I discovered computers.

Tomorrow should be even funner. Both kits from Klein's should show up plus my Roku TV thingy with accessories.
I might not know what to do with myself.
Lies! Of course I will. Go to the beer store early, wait for the mailman, lock the doors and not be seen for a few days!

What do I do first? Hook up TV or build something? Build something and then hookup TV?
I think to hookup TV so I can watch (at least hear it) while I'm building something. Yeah.... that's the ticket.
That's how us hermits roll. :cool:
I'm really not quite that bad. CJ can vouch for that.

Have a good night all.
E.

You know, well you don't know, but for the past 2 weeks or so I've been running a consist without a single hitch whatsoever....
and pulling about 15 cars!!!
YAAAYYYY.

Just announced on the 10:00 news here, that there was a derailment in Norris Yard, right in "downtown" Irondale, Al where I do a lot of railfanning. At least one loco and 10-12 cars are off the tracks. One was a tank car that no one seems to know what's in it. It's supposed to be leaking as well. Can't they read the card on the tank car? It lok like i was on the entrance tracks, so to prevent a traffic backup, most if not all the trains will be using the bypass track. This track used to be the Central of Georgia track into Birmingham.

As to the discussion about that decoder install I did, I have to admit that it was the weirdest one I've ever done. Went over to the owners house today and installed a set of bridges over the yard, and that went well. I get to return there tomorrow and install another one.

Eric, start thinking about what we can do the next time I come over, as I might be able to make it in about another two weeks or so.

My parcel from MBK was processed through Brisbane airport (i.e. left there) @ 9:16am Friday 27 on it's way to final destination (me) and as I know not much moves over the weekend, I thought I should have by Tues at the latest. Got a tracking update this arvo (Wed) to say it was somewhere in Australia on it's way to the destination (again presumably, me). But, noooo!, I called in to our local PO sorting centre and was told it was at the Office of Exchange (i.e. Customs)@ 12:16pm, might get it tomorrow with luck. Seeing it's Easter weekend Friday I probably won't see it till Wed or Thurs next week. (If they haven't blown it up in the meantime 'cause Xrays make them think it's parts for an Uzi)

BUNN_COFFEE.png

Good Morning!

Clear with a high of 67.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in Tipton IN

Eric, start thinking about what we can do the next time I come over, as I might be able to make it in about another two weeks or so.

Gees Pardner!
The track gremlins were my biggest worry and all is quite well now.
I'll have a couple more structures built by then. Perhaps you can coach on some scenery ideas. I am certainly not the artist type.
I do have some of my old DC engines I'd like to make DCC but I'll likely be out of funds for that by then. I saw your post the other day about your decoder gremlin.
You've been here. As I say, my stuff is an open palette.
If you have a laptop, bring it. I really do want to see how that JMRI stuff works.
I already have the layout hooked up with the USB interface. Dont' know if you noticed or not.
In the mean time, I'm just winging it as things go along.
E.

Good morning. 57 here at 0440 or so.
Heading to 80 the forecast/"weather guessers" says.
Scattered lite rain.

Bacon and eggs cooking right now.
E.

33 degrees this morning with about 3 inches of partly cloudy on the car, but it has been so warm that the roads were just wet. Guess it's not spring all the way yet. This picture was taken in Havre, MT.

Havre_Montana_RR_Station.jpg

When it cometo Hooters, my wife really doesn't care. She's pretty good. I just tell her that even though I'm on a diet doesn't mean I can't look at the menu.

Good Morning. It is 29 here in the Middletown Valley.

Wjl126 - Thanks for the information. And yes NS Savannah is here in Baltimore. It has been here for several years. I've been told that it is possible for groups to get tours. I will be looking into that with my son and some of his techie friends this spring. Having NS Savannah and the Liberty ship John W. Brown nearby make an interesting counterpoint.

Good morning everybody!

38 with beautiful sunny skies in southeast Baltimore.

Have a great day everyone!

Well,,,, here goes the 2nd of the three, my computer looks as though it's bit the dust. I'm writing this on my wife's after some strange responses, including one that said this site didn't have a security certificate and a couple of notices from Norton saying it had blocked "Nuclear Exploit Attack kit 4 and then 5". Thought mine might have been the monitor at first but did a swap around with both of them and it's definitely something with my comp. Monitors come on shakily and dull and then go to "no signal" before going dark again. Turned itself back on a couple of times from forced shutdown without anything being done to cause it. So, a call to the techy tomorrow. Probably the hard drive (hope my back-up's been working). Just when the wife's been saying she wants a laptop instead so she can play her games in her armchair, in which case I shall probably get this one as a hand-me-down (slower than mine was :().

Good morning, everybody.

I had a little MRR time last night, and built part of my benchwork which will support the stockyard which has been on my worktable since I built it recently.

Curt .... Looks like a lot of progress on your layout. That is quite a grade.

Louis .... LOL about the couch in the basement. I would not be able to be so kind because I doubt my wife would appreciate my offering a couch to someone whose wife kicked him out. :D

Chet .... I like the station scene with the red and white Chevy. (My first car was a 55 Chevy).

Good morning, guys; we have 32 and a few clouds. Heading for a high of 70. We really have the temp swings up here.

Good for the maple syrup crop. It has really been running, and starting as early as it did, should be a "bumper" crop. One funny thing about this town is that you can walk down the sidewalks see taps even in the blvd trees!

Good Morning. 36° and sunny, going up to 50° today.

Bsmart: The John W. Brown, eh. Cool. From the Satellite photo, there is a "smaller" hull tied up at Pier 1, Canton. Would that be the John W. Brown? It's been years since I was in the neighborhood.

Louis: When the Consol terminal opened, it was state of the art, an awesome operation.

Curt: That does appear to be quite a grade, and a challenge for incorporating scenery . I do love the long straight approach, can't wait to see the bridge.

Later.

Back