Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIX

Good morning. Just an overcast winter's day of 30*F here in central MD. At least that's what I see and feel when I step outside.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for the Moose Caboose as well. MBKlein is great, but they have the whole world as their customer base - whereas Glen has only the Four Counties. That's why I always try to steer my business in his direction when possible.

Toot, if the 'Caboose had the same sales volume and manpower as MBK, I'm sure they would also have an online catalog with real-time availability info. But we're talking David & Goliath here...

Regarding LHS's, I have not been into LHS's very much at all recently. Lately, I have been working with stuff I already have. I do sometimes need various parts for some of my projects, and usually, I order parts on-line.

Now, I will leave this stupid computer and work on my ore car project.

Happy Model Railroading.

Good Morning, 34° with sunny conditions. They are still calling for snow showers this afternoon.

Karl and Ken: Y'all are so fortunate to have several good shops within a short drive of home/work. There is a shop within a 15" drive of my house, but the guy is a troll. I wonder how he stays in business. There are others, within an hour's drive, but they mostly specialize in RTR and the "O" stuff Louis likes, but less into HO.
Over all, I have had good luck with MB Klein and Brooklyn's Trainworld. Trainworld has two brick and mortar stores in addition to their internet business. They are great to shop in, unless you are shopping for the "Blue Comet".

I'm going through my stash of locomotives, determining which ones have decoders, and which don't. Not that I have that many, but when I normally only use a set group of engines on the layout, the others tend to be forgotten. This time I'm putting the information into Excel, where I can cross reference them at some point.

Gotta go, have a nice weekend.

Good morning. Just an overcast winter's day of 30*F here in central MD. At least that's what I see and feel when I step outside.

Ken, Louis, dont look now, but there are some strange white flakes dropping out of the sky!:eek::eek::eek:

I'll be in the basement all day. Brass engines to strip, brass cabooses to paint, and about 30 eBay auctions to post! L8ter gang!

Thanks Louis. I found them here:
https://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Apparel-Memorabilia-s/2087.htm

Lots of good stuff in there but not what I had in mind.
E.

BigE you are welcome, sorry I can not be of more help.

Good Morning, 34° with sunny conditions. They are still calling for snow showers this afternoon.

Karl and Ken: Y'all are so fortunate to have several good shops within a short drive of home/work. There is a shop within a 15" drive of my house, but the guy is a troll. I wonder how he stays in business. There are others, within an hour's drive, but they mostly specialize in RTR and the "O" stuff Louis likes, but less into HO.
Over all, I have had good luck with MB Klein and Brooklyn's Trainworld. Trainworld has two brick and mortar stores in addition to their internet business. They are great to shop in, unless you are shopping for the "Blue Comet".

I'm going through my stash of locomotives, determining which ones have decoders, and which don't. Not that I have that many, but when I normally only use a set group of engines on the layout, the others tend to be forgotten. This time I'm putting the information into Excel, where I can cross reference them at some point.

Gotta go, have a nice weekend.

Boris every hobby shop I went into when I was young was full of trolls. That is why I have always been an MB Klein customer. Even when I was 11 years old and buying $2 or $3 worth of Tyco and or Life-Like stuff in the middle of the Christmas rush they treated me good.

I started an Excel file for my trains soon after I started buying them again in 2012 and it has been a blessing, I love it!

Ken, Louis, dont look now, but there are some strange white flakes dropping out of the sky!:eek::eek::eek:

I'll be in the basement all day. Brass engines to strip, brass cabooses to paint, and about 30 eBay auctions to post! L8ter gang!

Have fun Karl! For the white stuff as Mr. Bill from Saturday Night Live would say "OH NOOOOOO"

If you are selling and have HO stuff, what do you have? I'm always shopping around.
E.

BigE Karl usually posts a thread with links to his eBay listings. I can tell you first hand you won't find better values on eBay. I have bought several things from Karl on eBay and he will combine shipping too! There is not a better seller on eBay.

That is it for me today fellow model railroaders, it's going to be a busy day for me and my grandsons!

Have a great day everybody!

as Colombo would say "just one more thing" Where is 113? I hope he is ok

see ya!

Did someone mention my.....eerrmmmm.....username? ;):D
All good here Louis, my friend...I'm off this week and I might get a pair of Stewart HO VO-1000's on Monday..
Been busy trying to find trackplans on N&W at Iaeger, the Weller Yard, at Williamson, Boaz Siding and the Blue Ridge plus the depot there...not much luck so far..

All well at your end Louis?

Edit: Found Williamson! Didn't know that they had two roundhouses there!

Last edited by a moderator:
NampW%20A%201222_zpsnidaumgm.jpg

Yay!!! My yard tower kit showed up. Now I have something to build..... after a walk to re-supply from the beer store.

this brass 2-8-8-0 bull moose showed up on my doorstep finally its a sunset model
Im gonna see how old it is , this is my first brass piece

Attachments

• 20150328_151143.jpg
    20150328_151143.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 20150328_151321.jpg
    20150328_151321.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 20150328_081152.jpg
    20150328_081152.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 234
Thomas, guess what showed up in the mail Thursday from MTH?
I'll send it out to your kid Monday or Tuesday.

Back