Coffee Shop Part III

Texas Paul

I tried retirement when I left the navy in 1998 but I was back at work within 6 months. Gloria is asking me when I'll retire and my usual answer is that I don't really know.

I wish you the very best in your retirement and hope you'll do better than I.

Happy MRRing

Some scumbag just robbed me via ebay
Yep I know the feeling. Last Fall I ordered a part from a reputable company which I had many mail order purchases before. I sort of suspected this time the order was taken by a call center, but hey it's all monitored so as usual I gave my Visa number. The part wasn't in stock so there would be a delay. Three weeks later, at 9:00 am I had a call from Visa wanting to know if I had ordered an item on the internet. To say I was astounded would be putting it mildly. They didn't tell me too much other than the order was for out of Province, and that someone else was using my card. I was informed my card was canceled and I'd be receiving a new one.
A week later a manager from the "Call Center" on behalf of the parts Co. phoned me to say there was a problem with my card. I replied no not anymore there wasn't, and explained what had happened. (to be noted the bogus use of my card and info. was from the same Province as the "Call Center") She then told me the part was shipped and would like the new card number. (yeah! sure I live in the boonies, but that's not a guarantee were stupid) so I agreed the part would be sent back at their expense. To cut to the chase I'll not use a credit card online or mail order again, so I didn't update PayPal either.
Cheers Willis

Texas Paul: Retiring? Got a few good hobbies? I've been retired for 4 years and I can tell you that without something to keep you occupied, you'll go out of your gourd with boredom.

Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

01-30-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.
I've got layout work to do today. There's a lot of drywall compound on my layout that needs sealing with shellac.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/30/2007

Live Conditions 5:42 AM
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 38°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 39°F

So Far Today
High: 45°F
Low: 41°F
Rain: 0.06"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

High: 49 °F
Low: 38 °F

Now through 06:15 AM CST January 30, 2007

High: 52

Through 6 AM...patches of light and occasional moderate rains advancing east can expected across much of the region as well as the adjacent coastal waters.

Today High: 52 Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light rain. Highs in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds becoming northeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 32 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

I'll have the pancakes today.

pancakes.jpg

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

"We're havin' a heatwave, Tropical heatwave." 13°F here in the Finger Lakes this morning. Supposed to make it all the way up to 23°F today with some white stuff falling out of the sky. 1" to 3" of partly cloudy expected (promises, promises, promises). My package of decoders came in yesterday so I will be adding one to my new 4-4-0 replacing the cheapo that Bachmann installed. I'll let you know what kind of difference it makes in running.

Mornin All !!! , Just came in from shoveling a bit of white rain. It's not bad out no wind so the teen temps. don't seem that bad. Steve sorry about that deal with ebay. Just about a week ago I got a notice that looked like it came from Paypal. It said that someone in Pennyslvania just bought a Dell Lpatop on my account for $999.00 and would I confirm it. So I went to Paypal to see if anyone excessed my account and no one did. It looked like it was a real transaction from Ebay and all But it was not so I reported it to paypal. And then to make sure I changed my password so no one could get into it . I don't like using my credit card online to many a##w##les out there trying to cheat us all. Well hope everyone has a real nice day !!!! Take care

In regards to scammers there's some very interesting reading here http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...&start_row=11&start_row_offset1=0&num_rows=10

Hard to believe, but it's both sides of the border. Big Box stored send credit card info to the parent Co. from which hackers obtain identity information. Use the info to make bogus cards
Scam was in the mail, police say

PATRICK BRETHOUR
VANCOUVER -- For months, perhaps years, a credit-card "factory" run by organized crime has been churning out fake plastic in the Lower Mainland, using a sophisticated scam -- and stolen Canada Post keys -- to fund a never-ending illicit shopping spree, according to Vancouver police.
from same link to Globe and Mail News
I don't know what the law is in the States but here the true card holder is not financially responsible for the losses incurred by fraudulent means.
However it seems the crooks can steal your identity, get a mortgage on your property take off with the money and leave you holding the bag since the banks can do no wrong it seems.
Cheers Willis

Afternoon Gang: I saw that post accross the street. We certainly did loose a couple of good friends. I had met Bruce walthers when they opened the original Terminal Hobby Shop on Water st. He and his dad gave me and my father the grand tour. I met Ms. Hall in 1965 when I hopped a bus and went to Dallas from Ft. Wolters where I ws in the flight training program. When I got back from Viet Nam I made enough vists that she knew me by sight. Ahh yes memories.
Two more days and a wake up. Yes I'm chomping at the bit.
Time to get back to work. Ha Ha Ha.

evening all,

I got sorted out with Ebay,,, no problems whatsoever. The correct seller got his identity back as well so he's once again up and running as well.

B & Q JOB APPLICATION
>>
>> This is allegedly an actual job application that a
>> 75-year-old pensioner submitted to B&Q in Tunbridge
>> Wells.
>> They hired him because he was so funny.....
>>
>>
>> NAME: Kenneth Way (Grumpy Old man )
>>
>> SEX: Not lately, but I am looking for the right
>> woman (or at least one who will cooperate)
>>
>> DESIRED POSITION: Company's Chief Executive or
>> Managing Director. But seriously, whatever's
>> available. If I was in a position to be picky, I
>> wouldn't be applying in the first place - would I?
>>
>> DESIRED SALARY: £150,000 a year plus share options
>> and a Tony Blair style redundancy package. If that's
>> not possible, make an offer and we can haggle.
>>
>> EDUCATION: Yes.
>>
>> LAST POSITION HELD: Target for middle management
>> hostility.
>>
>> PREVIOUS SALARY: A lot less than I'm worth.
>>
>> MOST NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT: My incredible collection
>> of stolen pens and post-it notes.
>>
>> REASON FOR LEAVING: It was a rubbish job.
>>
>> HOURS AVAILABLE TO WORK: Any.
>>
>> PREFERRED HOURS: 1:30-3:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and
>> Thursday.
>>
>> DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS?: Yes, but they're
>> better suited to a more intimate environment.
>>
>> MAY WE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER?: If I had one,
>> would I be here?
>>
>> DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD
>> PROHIBIT YOU FROM LIFTING UP TO 50 lbs.?: Of what?
>>
>> DO YOU HAVE A CAR?: I think the more appropriate
>> question here would be "Do you have a car that
>> runs?"
>>
>> HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY SPECIAL AWARDS OR
>> RECOGNITION?: I may already be a winner of the
>> Reader's Digest Timeshare Free Holiday Offer, so
>> they tell me.
>>
>> DO YOU SMOKE?: On the job - no!
>> On my breaks - yes!
>>
>> WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS?:
>> Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy
>> Swedish supermodel with big boobs and who thinks
>> I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.
>> Actually, I'd like to be doing that now.
>>
>> NEAREST RELATIVE....7 miles
>>
>> DO YOU CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE
>> TO THE BEST OF YOUR
>> KNOWLEDGE?: Oh yes, absolutely.
>>
>> ***Old People Rock!***

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. I'll have a cheese and musroom omelet today and a bit of orange juice.

cheese-mushroom-omelette.jpg
oj.jpg

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/31/2007

Live Conditions 5:59 AM
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 29°F
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 27°F

So Far Today
High: 39°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph E

High: 46 °F
Low: 33 °F

Today High: 45 Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 40 Cloudy with rain likely. Lows around 40. Northeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of rain 60 percent.

evening all
Ken morning Ken, hope the forced move is going OK. , retirement is still a L-O-N-G way off for me

were off to grandads funeral tommorow, we are expecting trouble from Nicky's step dad, he's not welcome in any way shape or form but he'll be there like a bad smell, just hope he dosn't ruin nans day, fingers crossed

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternnoon All ! Steve hope all goes well at Granddads' Funeral. Don't need any extra drama. Boy that fellow sure sounds like a character. I'm looking outside it's sunny and a balmy 21 can't beat that. Hope all of you have a real nice day !!!!

Back