How to Make Trees and Shrubs

Thank you both tootnkumin and Skipjacks! =)

Some H0 oaktrees and a H0 maple(?)/Acer still with no leaves...
the oaktrees before adding the grassfibres and leaves..
eikenklFormArvidVEZELS6jan2015_zpsb9960890.jpg

and after:
eikenH0Arvid7jan2015_zps153c8681.jpg

H0 Maple with 3 small trunks
esdoornmeerstammigArvid7jan2015klform_zps67beadbd.jpg

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
No lie. If you took the tiny plastic people out of those pictures and told me those were real photos of real trees I wouldn't even begin to question it.

I think Jos puts them in there just so we can't accuse him of just taking photos outside his front door.

This is the spot where I take most of my pictures= through the backdoor in my backgarden :D ...when the sun shines of course! ;)
Jos

Attachments

• backdoorspotpictures.jpg
    backdoorspotpictures.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 464
Thank your Lynn!
And this kind of tree(s) is/are the one(s) I wish to make one day on my layout......=)
So the railroad and train(s) will look very very tiny!
140727-Dag4-Karlsbrunn84_zps3f94bb79.jpg

Jos

Still busy! ;-)

HOfichten5juli2015bdrooggrasklform_zpstq4xvmyq.jpg

udolffichten30jan2015a%20bewerktKlform_zpsvwbcrvtr.jpg

LaumlrcheampFichteH0Klform_zpscxoc5prm.jpg

dodespar1Nov2015rechtopKlform_zps7d3jbutm.jpg

and also busy with helping a friend with the scenery on his H0 layout...almost half way....
hubboursdenenbosje_zpshrnsfjtj.jpg

Jos

Looks great! Was in a discussion about how tall trees should/could be, on an HO layout, we figured 12"-14" is not too big, though it's hard to find trees pre-made bigger than 6"!

Those look amazing, HOW do you do that?

Thanks Jeff and New Guy.

New Guy:
HOW do you do that?

Well it is about 75%of the time watching/ studying the real trees and 25 % spending a lot of time trying to find the best recipes/combinations to add the fibers and "leaves"...
I know it is a huge thread but basicly it is all written somewhere overhere ;-)
Most important is: it all starts with a good modelled frame.
WEBloofbomenH0winterkleed10%2012cm_zpspusyh9hf.jpg

4e268f3b-cd05-4265-b106-be68de9181af_zpse0fgkz0k.jpg

Jos

It's your transition that makes it totally outstanding. Many can make a nice tree but it looks the same top to bottom, you have a nice way of changing the 'look' on different parts of the tree. Very, very well done!

Holy Crap! This thread turns TEN YEARS OLD this year. Well, done Jos, and some fantastic work!

Looks great! Was in a discussion about how tall trees should/could be, on an HO layout, we figured 12"-14" is not too big, though it's hard to find trees pre-made bigger than 6"!

Those look amazing, HOW do you do that?

Pictures past 2010 seems to be mostly gone, but they start up on page 30. 30 and 46 are the pages to look at to get the best idea on how this is done. Gonna have to try it myself!

Back