NCE is the best!!

Motley

Ok so I've had my NCE system 5amp Power House Pro wireless for over 4 years now. Well out of warranty.

On the pro cab, the LCD screen went defective, it was garbled couldn't read it. So I sent it in for repair, expecting to pay the $25 fee for LCD repairs.

Well Matt from NCE called me last week. He replaced the LCD screen at NO CHARGE! Not only that, but he discovered a problem with the wireless antenna connector. I must have knocked the antenna or something loose. I didn't even know. So Matt also replaced the wireless board at NO CHARGE!!!

I just got my pro cab back in the mail. Also no charge for shipping.

I went and tested it and it works great now. NCE has the best service, very happy with them.

That is great news Michael! I have an NCE setup too, not the big dog like yours, mine is the Twin and deluxe pro cab. Your experience makes me even happier with my NCE system.

That is top notch service, above and beyond the call of duty!

I'm an NCE fan, both because I like the system, and because of their superb customer service... Which I've only had to use once, but it was well-handled when I did...

G'day all....This is what the forum is great for...The way you described some wonderful service and how Matt handled it all for you is better than any advertisement as the crew on the forum already ofae with NCE will feel good about their decision and anyone not certain yet on going NCE will most likely do so...Louis places a high premium on Customer Service as he once explained , and he's very right..Not much good buying something if the back up and warranty is no good but if it is good , the returns to the company are well worth the extra effort...I only have the basic NCE Powercab with 1.7 amp...but she's a beauty , never given an ounce of trouble and easy to use...Maybe that's also why NCE are gaining more and more market share...What a great story and thanks for the info...Cheers Rod..

I'm an NCE late-bloomer. I started out with a Digitrax Chief, but I just didn't have the brainpower to decipher their manuals. Plus, all my friends had NCE so I wouldn't have to invest in a gazillion extra throttles for my guest operators. So I was able to sell the Digitrax stuff for almost what I paid for it, and got me a PH-Pro radio system - and so far I haven't needed to call NCE Customer Support about any problems. It's good to know they'll be there if and when I need them.

question about the nce system. do you need a program booster to program the soundtraxx or qsi sound decoders like you do with the digitrax?

question about the nce system. do you need a program booster to program the soundtraxx or qsi sound decoders like you do with the digitrax?

No it doesn't need a booster to program any decoders. But if you want to read the CVs using JMRI. Some decoders like soundtraxx needs the booster. I use JMRI and only program with it, I rarely need to read the CVs.

I'm an NCE late-bloomer. I started out with a Digitrax Chief, but I just didn't have the brainpower to decipher their manuals. Plus, all my friends had NCE so I wouldn't have to invest in a gazillion extra throttles for my guest operators. So I was able to sell the Digitrax stuff for almost what I paid for it, and got me a PH-Pro radio system - and so far I haven't needed to call NCE Customer Support about any problems. It's good to know they'll be there if and when I need them.

Hey Ken,

You can rest easy, NCE has the best customer service I have ever encountered in trains. As good if not better then any company in any industry I have ever dealt with and I have dealt with hundreds! Even better then Lionel and if you know me it takes a lot to get me to believe that!!!

Every call or email is answered quickly with professionalism and courtesy. No matter how stupid my early questions were. That sealed the deal for me to buy their equipment.

Now having read Michael's example they are even better!

Mike, we have the PH pro at the club and we use the PTB 100 booster. Of course we read the CV's all the time. The Powercab does not need a booster, but it is their starter system!

I've mailed several shorted out decoder (my fault) to NCE over the years always with a check to cover repair and return shipping as spelled out in their warranty program. Two out of three times the check has been returned uncashed with the repair work done promptly and the items worked perfectly again.

NCE customer device is top notch.

Brad

Funny how almost everyone I know, including me, with nce stayed on something else. Mostly digitrax, I started with lenz myself. Seems like you maybe have to get your feet wet on something else to fully appreciate it. ..

Funny how almost everyone I know, including me, with nce stayed on something else. Mostly digitrax, I started with lenz myself. Seems like you maybe have to get your feet wet on something else to fully appreciate it. ..

I thought Lenz was top of the line equipment? I guess that is another big time testimonial for NCE.

I received an upgrade chip from NCE out of the blue. I did not ask for it but they just sent it with complete instructions on how to install it. I have not installed it yet. Seems to be a quality company.

G'day all....It just gets better....Not just in NCE's case , but any company that goes that little bit further with Customer Service and Product back up...has to be well worth it because reputation is EVERYTHING...or conversely bad customer service will eventually come back to bite you on the bum..After the glowing testimonials on NCE i'm so glad to own one..They're raising the bar and I hope some competitors are watching and following suit , because they'll have to , to keep up with market share over time..Good on you NCE... Cheers Rod

Last edited by a moderator:
Customer service is King!

If we demand it from all suppliers, they will provide it or go bankrupt like so many others have done.

As the owner of an online business myself, I don't understand how you could NOT give good CS. It's really not a huge effort or expense, and so clearly pays off...

Back