Rail Joiners for Atlas Code 83

railerlk

Hi Everyone,

I'm using atlas HO 83 and the universal atlas HO nickel silver 100/83 joiners are hard to find these days, what's the best alternative to connect these rails without doing any mods to the joiners? I saw in few places people using atlas N code 80 joiners with some mods in HO 80.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked with Walthers? Their 2014 catalog shows Micro Engineering Company Code 83 rail joiners SKU #255-16083. Peco shows Code 100 joiners SKU 552-4004 and Code 80 SKU 552-4003. No idea about availability. Contact them. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply trailrider, I ordered some peco joiners and after placing the order saw a review saying they don't work well with atlas tracks. I'll keep checking.

ME Code 83 joiners only work on ME rail because the base is narrower than other rails The Walthers joiners are very expensive nowadays.

Thanks for the reply trailrider, I ordered some peco joiners and after placing the order saw a review saying they don't work well with atlas tracks. I'll keep checking.

Peco and Atlas Code 83 track is not compatible with each other. Peco has true Code 83 track while Atlas' Code 83 is just their Code 100 revamped. As such, the Peco Rail Joiners will be too small for the Atlas track.

Take a look at MB Klein for Atlas rail Joiners though, I am pretty sure they have them (or universal) available at what will be a good price.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/

Peco and Atlas Code 83 track is not compatible with each other. Peco has true Code 83 track while Atlas' Code 83 is just their Code 100 revamped. As such, the Peco Rail Joiners will be too small for the Atlas track.

Take a look at MB Klein for Atlas rail Joiners though, I am pretty sure they have them (or universal) available at what will be a good price.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/

That explains why atlas joiners are universal to their tracks. MTS is out of stock on atlas joiners but I just found some on trainsetsonly.com, surprisingly in stock.

Well, I tried... :( Atlas Code 100 joiners were available when I built the Grashhook, Galesburg & Western Division of the Burlington Route about 2 years ago. Never had an occasion to use anything else at the time. Sorry about that, folks...

It boggles the mind how manufacturers expect to attract and retain new modelrailroaders when we can't readily find the most prolific tracks' joiners.

Brad

It boggles the mind how manufacturers expect to attract and retain new modelrailroaders when we can't readily find the most prolific tracks' joiners.

Brad

Agreed, you would think something like rail joiners would be available every where and anywhere almost, especially in HO and N scale code 83, after all, next to track, they are the next most needed item.

Brad

Absolutely. I just had a helluva time finding code 83 rail joiners for Atlas.

Ended up paying Walthers their $0.25 PER JOINER (seriously???) 'cuz otherwise it was stop the layout...

I mean rail joiners folks... Can't build model railroads without rail joiners. Sheesh.

Back