Adding Ditch Lights

I'm planning to add ditch lights to my P2K SD60's and I have someone thats going to do it for me, but I need to know where I can find the housing for them. What I can tell from pictures is that the ditchlights are above the pilot and not below. Thanks in Advance! :D

Well, there's plenty, I'd use the Details West ones, their part number DL-228 is a pilot top mount, EMD style. They're a little too think, but this is done so you can make them lighted.

There's a true UP fan, point out the low ditch light units. David, I seem to remember you saying you had Oakways?

Eventually I will need to add them to my locomotives (Atlas, why couldn't you have set them up on the MP15DC?)... and they're going underneath:

PA170003.sized.jpg

Practically no housing there, the only question is what size of LED do I use?

Hmmm. Yes, that would do it. Reminds me though, I also need to add anti-climbers. I see Cannon & Co. has the part for that.

This is going to be quite the project, I can tell.

Hello, I am new to the club, I am interested in putting ditch lights in my 2 Atlas Conrail Sd-35's, they have QSI sound, It looks like they where above the pilot. How would I need to wire these in? Thank you :)

thank you, is it hard to make them Alternate?

Yup!! With QSI it is, there is no output on the decoder to run them. I have two SD40-2's with QSI, I have fitted one with a second decoder to run the motor and head and ditch lights. A bit os a squeeze but the Lenz silver series decoder fits on top of the QSI. Programmed to the same address I get the horn and the ditch lights flash at same time.

Ken.

Back