Train Room Progress - IV

GrandpaCoyote

Wiley Old Dog
Well gang I promised an update with pics when the table top went onto the benchwork, so here it is.

Once again my thanks to all in the gang that took the time to leave a comment or just stop and look.

Hope you guys get a kick out of it. :D

Tabletop001.jpg
Tabletop002.jpg

Tabletop003.jpg
Tabletop004.jpg

Tabletop005.jpg
Tabletop006.jpg

Tabletop007.jpg
Tabletop008.jpg

Tabletop009.jpg
Tabletop010.jpg

Peace.

Great Job, what are you using on the plywood?
the fascia looks pretty flash too!!

Ken.

Wow, what progress.

I wish I could get things done that quickly. Anyway, it's looking great, I can't wait to see it with track laid.

That's purty!

Sure makes mine look inadequate.... mine will undergo a significant improvement when I put fascia up!

Not much longer and you'll have running trains! More then I can say so for myself!

Josh,

well it will still be awhile sir - need to go get all the foam and start on that and I'm making a few measurement changes to my track plan so that I'm sure everything fits as it should. :)

But so far so good.

Peace.

Great Job, what are you using on the plywood?
the fascia looks pretty flash too!!

Ken.

I'm covering the benchwork 1/4" Birch and then will be putting 2" of foam on top of that.

The modeling you see around some edges was a test for an idea the OL thought up, after we have the fascia installed (which will be Masonite I believe) then we will be running wooden ceiling molding pieces along the bottom edge of it after they are stained to give it a nice over all look.

Peace.

Wow, what progress.

I wish I could get things done that quickly. Anyway, it's looking great, I can't wait to see it with track laid.

Hawkeye,

Thank you sir... it has gone up pretty fast but I attribute that to the years worth of planning and careful selection that went before the flurry of work *laughs* ;)

Peace.

It's looking more and more like a train room! Nice work.

Ray,

Thank you! I know it looked like it went up fast but it took some work to get it all done, I admit I went to fast too hard.. I exhausted myself and I'm still resting up from it. :eek:

Thanks for your kind words again.

Peace.

That's purty!

Sure makes mine look inadequate.... mine will undergo a significant improvement when I put fascia up!

Jeff,

Thank you sir.

I'm sure yours will be great! Be sure to post up some pics for us when you put up your fascia; I'd love to see it!

Peace.

Looking good. I alsways like teh feeling after the framing is done. It allows a clear visualization of what you are building.

Coyote, it looks really good. The planning sure is paying off. What is going on in the closets? It looks like there is some benchwork inside them?

Back