Coffee Shop XLI-2/23/2014

Hi Guys.
Put one of these beasties in my PC today,

cmhyper212evo-01-big.jpg

Im not saying its abig CPU cooler, but I had to dent the side cover of my PC to give it an extra mm or two so I could close the
case!! :)

The little 3 inch factory fan wasnt cutting it,,,now it real cool!:cool: and quieter! :cool:

Night night gang!!

Good evening gang.

Figured I probably ought to at least drop in and let everybody know I didn't float off the face of the earth. I've been up to my eyeballs with another scratch building project - steel mill machinery, nothing that would likely interest you guys. Once I get into a project like this I become oblivious to the outside world. [Except for when I have to go to work, of course..!] This stuff I'm currently working on, I wanted to get it done before my next op session so I'd have at least one area of somewhat-completed scenery, it has just taken a heluva lot longer than I first expected.

But there are also other issues that currently make op sessions impractical: Two of the three bathrooms in my house are out of commission while they are being rebuilt, and all the construction work makes the house look even more unpresentable than it usually does. And the excess snow has turned the grassy areas beside the driveway into mud basins, there's noplace for anybody to park!

So now we're back on Daylight Savings Time. This year I'm just not ready for it; usually it happens well into the spring, but it still feels so much like winter around here that I just can't comprehend getting up an hour earlier! Hopefully that winter storm that TWC is teasing us with will stay north of Maryland - the freezing rain part at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a whole lot went on today. Watch TV most of the time. Worked on one of the computers for a bit and tested a scavenged power supply to see if it was any good. It is so I have a spare. No work on any trains today.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010125.jpg

DSCN3399.jpg

Good morning to all hope everyone slept good temp 44 right now warming up to the mid 70s today, got some things to do in the shop today time to get back working on the 31-A hope to get it going for the summer. Ok ya'll have a good day stay safe.

Good Morning guyz!

I'm off to an "early" start this morning. Already, we have dropped off the Kitty at the Vets - she's having her teeth cleaned, (and her head examined - I'm sure they will not find anything :rolleyes:). Then I changed trash collection contractors - savings of $55.00/quarter and less restriction on what i can put out. And we are running the clean cycle on the oven. It's not even 10:30 AM yet!:rolleyes:

It's relatively mild this morning, but cooler than predicted. Also, it's overcast. Tomorrow is supposed to be real nice.......then again, Accu-weather is predicting a high of 53° for today, with - get this - SNOW:rolleyes:; 63° and sunny tomorrow, 56° and rain for Wednesday, and 30° with SNOW for Thursday. I don't think it will snow today at 53°.....really!

Beyond that, later, this afternoon, I will repair a few more cars that want to hit the road crossings and frogs, and need new wheels.

Joe

Good morning. It's 51°F with 100% humidity. High 75°F and cloudy.
Morning:
condmc-1.jpg
Afternoon:
pcloudy-1.jpg

No plans for today except to rest. Not feeling good.

P1010257.jpg

Good afternoon, yeah I'm late, daylight saving time what a crock :( Bright and sunny, 46F here in bluenose country. Well after a several year hiatus I finally got to work on the layout room. Removed the door, a small section of wall (a bit more to go yet) wiring etc, not all that much I guess but it's a start. No news other than that, so I'll have a cuppa coffee and be on my way.
Y'all have a great day, Cheers!
7166dea5.gif

Willis

Today I tore down my two Apple IIe's that I had for parts and combined them to build one. I put it through a tough battery of tests to check it out and it passed every test. Then the power supply went up like a grass fire! Changed it out and ran the tests again. No surprises this time.

DSCN3404.jpg

DSCN3416.jpg

An Apple a day, keeps insanity away :). Seriously, Jeffrey, I'm amazed by how you revitalize those old machines.

The Kitty has apparently "forgiven" us for taking her to the Vet. It felt much colder than they claimed, today, but tomorrow is supposed to be nice.

Suddenly, I'm real tired. So I'm calling it a night.

Joe

Good morning guy's temp right now 45 and clear going up to mid 70s today nice, got out in the shop yesterday did a little bit of spring cleaning I guess you could say. Got the old Hi-Way Patrol Bike out and did some riding didn't seam to bother the hip any at all, got a little welding project to do for a friend of mine hope to get started on that today. It seams he's had the copper stolen out of some rental property air units for the second time so going to fix him a security cage, I can't stand a thief sorry this guy would give you anything if you asked ok will be around talk later on guy's.

Good morning folks.

After party sunny and almost 50 the past two days, we have rain turning to sleet and snow today.

I have a big decision to make today. My wife has been dreaming of owning a Chevy Avalanche since they came out twelve years ago. 2013 is the last year that they made this beast. I just bought her a Ford Edge a year and a half ago but she hates it. I like the edge, but could really use a truck for all of the remodeling projects I've been working on. It's getting really old borrowing a truck every time I need to bring something home. Well, I dropped by the Chevy dealership yesterday because I had seen online that they had the exact truck we've wanted. A diamond white LTZ with every bell and whistle you could imagine. This sucker has heated AND cooled seats, heated steering wheel, navigation, DVD, moon roof, and every other option GM can come up with. I went to work and sent Gina a message to stop by and look at it. I wasn't entirely serious but thought I'd tease her. She wanted to test drive it so I gave her a name of a guy I went to high school with years ago that worked there. Dude sent her home with the truck for an overnight test drive! That's a smart move my friend! I now have a meeting with him at 3pm to discuss the terms of a possible transaction.:eek: I love this thing, but the payment will be close to some peoples house payments in my family. On the other hand, we've been talking about buying one of these for over twelve years and it's not that often you get to buy your dream vehicle. We'll see how the discussion goes this afternoon.

model-a -
your statement: Got the old Hi-Way Patrol Bike out and did some riding didn't seam to bother the hip any at all,

What year and model bike?

I ride a 2003 Honda VTX1800R, and have been looking for some more white metal motorcycles to do a diner scene on the layout.
I probably need 9 or 10 to make it a biker gang.

Good morning. It's 58° with 99% humidity. The high will be 75°, cloudy with some rain.
condmc-1.jpg
with
cond20.jpg

No plans for today other than to take it easy.

P1010226.jpg

Good Morning folks, getting to look like some bad weather coming our way. It's 30F and a very fine snow which will likely turn into rain later to make things much worse. May get to the train room later today and finish taking the rest of the unwanted wall out then construction will start after I slice the other side of bacon my daughter got for me. All the meat I get comes from local farms with grass fed animals.
Well have to check the forum so Y'all have a great day
Cheers
Willis

Hello rusty railroad junk and debris enthusiasts! It's 60* degrees again for the third day in a row. It's like a dang heat wave! I need to go over to the RC flying field and see how muddy or not the runway is be. If it looks good maybe I'll pay my yearly dues and start flying again after a season off last year. Have an awesome day people! :D

I decided to take a walk in the warm sunshine downtown past the grain elevators. That's where the Ohio Central RR train action happens several days a week. They must have taken all the hoppers to Newark this morning since there wasn't a single car left on site. I can easily hear the locomotive horn most mornings from six blocks away. Anyway it's 66* degrees right now and while I was walking in a t-shirt it felt like 70*+ in the sun.

Back