WPF 2/15 to 2/21

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
What??? Here it is Saturday and no one has started a new Weekly Photo Fun Thread? Guess it's up to me then...

The mail man delivered more wood for the shingles to me this afternoon, so I got to w*rk and cut more shingles for the Roof on the Octogon Blacksmith's Shop. Progress has been made. Some of you may also notice that it now has a chimney as well...

Roof12w_zps502e9fa7.png

Roof11w_zpsc3d4a311.png

By the end of next week the roof should be finished and I will be making the signs for the shop.

Wait, I thought this started on Sunday?

Always used to start on Friday for the Weekend...... Been a bit sporatic lately! LOL At one time it was done just on the weekend and was refered to as Weekend Photo Fun. I think a few months back Jeffrey started refering to it as Weekly Photo Fun and had it run for the entire week.

If people want it to run from Sunday to Saturday, that is fine by me. Whatever works!

Ray thats a very nice job there on that octagone building, very cool.

Is that a reference photo you have there? It sure looks like it would be a perfect for a photo backdrop?

Ray thats a very nice job there on that octagone building, very cool.

Is that a reference photo you have there? It sure looks like it would be a perfect for a photo backdrop?

Thank you, Michael! Yes the photo behind the model is one of about 50 photos I took of the original Octagon Blacksmith's Shop. I also took a lot of measurements of the building. A long time friend and fairly well known RR Author made the blueprints I am using for making the model. I have been working on this close to 2 years now...

The original building is still standing and was built in 1832.

Always used to start on Friday for the Weekend...... Been a bit sporatic lately! LOL At one time it was done just on the weekend and was refered to as Weekend Photo Fun. I think a few months back Jeffrey started refering to it as Weekly Photo Fun and had it run for the entire week.

If people want it to run from Sunday to Saturday, that is fine by me. Whatever works!

Oh I see. I don't have any preferences either way. I was just thinking it started on Sunday. Looking back I was mistaken though. Carry on! ;)

So for my entry, I am working on N Scale stake-sides tonight...
20140215_233115_zpsl2kpcsds.jpg

I've played a bit with some Preiser Figures

BNSF_Genset_2_2000_zps98121d78.jpg

Trackmoblle_CP_1_2000_zpsf4fd0205.jpg

BNSF_yellow_1_2000_zps25569f12.jpg

Attachments

• BNSF_Genset_1_2000.jpg
    BNSF_Genset_1_2000.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 190
What scale is that Jürg? Because it looks amazing. So does your Z Scale stuff! Great work!

Ray... The Blacksmith Shop is becoming a masterpiece.
Jürg .... Outstanding photos.
Kevin .... N scale? ... Looks like tedious work . Nice.

Here a shot of CB&Q F-units on my layout.

F3s125136123_zps62d3667e.jpg

Where did you get that backdrop Garry? Your scenery blends in with it so well it looks almost real.

Jürg, Wonderful snow scenes!

Garry, love the rock work in your photo...

My progress today:

Roof13w_zps88642ecd.png

Plowguy!

Very nice... I want one of those, but it would be too modern for my layout (1925). Hmmmm, Maybe a Steam Version?

Progress report......

Got another couple of sides done on the roof today.

Roof14w_zpse1e557ed.png

Three side left to go, then the ridge caps, then stain everything....

Where did you get that backdrop Garry? Your scenery blends in with it so well it looks almost real.

Kevin .... Thanks for commenting. The backdrop is from Faller, and I have glued some images of buildings over it at the left side of the photo.

Ray ... Thanks for the comment. Blacksmith shop looks great.

Plow Guy ... Impressive model in you photo.

Back