Home page photo needed

bob

Administrator
Staff member
This weekend we'll be upgrading the forum to a new version.

One of the things that changes is the home page, which will be put in a new location.

Most folks will simply go there automatically, but as a backup, we also have a "splash page" in case they don't get forwarded automatically.

Here's the one for RailroadForums.com:
http://www.railroadforums.com/index.html

I need a large photo like that for the model railroad forum.

If you're interested in having your photo used in that way, please post it here. You can also put the title text on it if you'd like, or I can do that.

If I find a photo that I like, I'll use it on the start page. Interested? Post your photo here.

Nobody has a photo they think would work?

Thought I'd have several to choose from...

Diesel detailer does a contest every month, picks a photo from one of the members.

Just an idea.

That said, I don't have anything at h moment worth posting.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Bob
You are welcome to this one if you like. It's alway be one of my Favs.:D
blackdiamondexpress2.JPG

(OK,, its a bit large, wash it in warm water,,It'll shrink!;))

Diesel detailer does a contest every month, picks a photo from one of the members.

Just an idea.

That said, I don't have anything at h moment worth posting.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Because this will be used on the forum home page, I wanted to have folks submit something that they granted permission to be used in that manner. There are lot of great photos in the gallery, but I wanted to ask permission rather than simply grab one.

I've also got a nice selection of my own that would work, but I thought maybe somebody else would have something really nice.

Thanks, John!! :)

I have two that I'll offer, although I like many more than these. One a passenger consist and the other a loud freight. I will authorize their use as meets the needs of the folks at modelrailroadforums.com

StackJlowongrade_edited_2r_zps0cb7bf10.png

StackH8signaltowsmokedesk.png

Thanks for the vote. We'll see what Bob has in mind. If "Sedalia Sunrise" trips his trigger, I'll certainly set him up. :) If not, there is certainly no shortage of great photos from the members here. Bob really can't go wrong.

There's sure a lot of great photos to choose from Bob, good luck with that!
One of my all time favorites is from JR59's collection,Jürg did a shot of a train running along a water scene that looks almost too real to be a model...

Thanks for the help everyone!

I ended up going with Karl's shot for a couple of reasons. Like most folks, I like the look of Sedalia Sunrise, but it's rather dark overall, and I didn't want the home page to be too dark.

Karl's shot looks pretty realistic, but if you look closely, you can tell it's a model train. Also, it had some nice open area at the top that was perfect for dropping in a logo. Here's the result: http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/index.html

As I mentioned, most folks won't see this page, the php redirect will drop them on the forum or home page, whichever is set as default. But it's there, just in case folks have a browser that doesn't do php, or there's some other reason that the redirect doesn't work for them.

Thanks again to everyone who offered to help out.
Sedalia Sunrise

Thanks for the help everyone!

I ended up going with Karl's shot for a couple of reasons. Like most folks, I like the look of Sedalia Sunrise, but it's rather dark overall, and I didn't want the home page to be too dark.

Karl's shot looks pretty realistic, but if you look closely, you can tell it's a model train. Also, it had some nice open area at the top that was perfect for dropping in a logo. Here's the result: http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/index.html

As I mentioned, most folks won't see this page, the php redirect will drop them on the forum or home page, whichever is set as default. But it's there, just in case folks have a browser that doesn't do php, or there's some other reason that the redirect doesn't work for them.

Thanks again to everyone who offered to help out.
Sedalia Sunrise

Your welcome sir! :cool:

Thanks CJ.

Are you attending the NMRA get together (Vestavia) on the 20th?

If this is the regular get together for the division, I'll be missing it. Carey's Kindercare is open that night as daughter and wife both have to work evening shift. I get to corrupt my grandson even further!

Back