Coffee Shop XXXIII 06/21/12

It's currently 82 here. That only feels like 105. It's clouding up pretty good so we may get some rain. I got the parents yard mowed and Mr Murphy was all over my case! First the tractor got jammed up on a low ornamental concrete wall then I almost got clothes-lined by a mimosa branch that was supposed to have been removed. One of the tractors blade clutch pulleys broke and it sounds like it has a bad gear in the rear end. I got half the yard finished with it. I used the little MTD Yardman to do the back yard. Mr Murphy was trying to foul that up too.

Heard rain falling last night, got up this morning, went to work in the rain, ran in and out all day with customer cars, in the rain,,drove home,, in the rain, and now it's you guessed it, raining!:( The rest of this weekend?? Rain.

Why cant it do this during the week?:confused:

Heard rain falling last night, got up this morning, went to work in the rain, ran in and out all day with customer cars, in the rain,,drove home,, in the rain, and now it's you guessed it, raining!:( The rest of this weekend?? Rain.

Because you'd be too happy?:D:p:D:)

BS!!!!!! You're all wet, lraK!!!;)

Bob

Hey Flo, how's about a nice cheeseburger, ice cold Coke and a large order of fries? Thanks. Good afternoon All! Not too much going on at my end. Just the usual hoops to jump through. Was able to see a restored WWII B-17 flying around today. It sure was a sight to behold. Distinct sound to it for sure! Hope everyone is doing well.

Well the new Frankenstein F unit is almost done. It now has Kadee #242 coupler boxes and #5 couplers. All it needs now is some weight and a decoder.

P1011326.jpg

Earlier this afternoon my ISP dropped out on me. I'm guessing they had a power outage or some such emergency. I tried calling them but none of the phone numbers worked. It was done about forty-five minutes.

Where were you when the internet went blank?:p:D:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, and to whom it may concern, (and all you regular people too...:)), this morning I went to my best railfanning spot in downtown Marion, Ohio at the double quad crossings by the old Erie-Lackawanna station. Sorry...meant to take video but got into a good conversation with another railfanning family there and never set up my camera.

We saw three big trains in barely over half an hour....slightly less busy than usual. Mostly CSX and Norfolk Southern. One long doublestack and trailer train. Another had mostly tankcars and long hoppers. Some really big locomotives looking like SD70ACe and possibly some SD80's also maybe C44-9W's. Not an expert on these yet but trying to learn. One short train had what looked like in the range of SD45's.

My friend there said less rail traffic lately possibly due to the current jihad against energy and coal. This site is known to have up to 100 freight trains a day....but perhaps less during last three years since "change of priorities" at 1600 pennsylvania ave, D.C.. :rolleyes:

Good evening Flo & Francine, nice to see you ladies again. What's the special for this evening? Pot roast with mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, a drink and a slice of pie for desert. Sounds great, thanks!

So how are the rest of you guys doing? I hear some of you complaining about not getting much of any, 'Rain', what's that? Things are very Hot 112.8* and very low Humidity which is good but stuff sure dries out in this heat. I'm probably going to have to water the front yard at least twice, real good tonight, to make up for the evaporation that's going on.

Plus I have to find out how to correct the stuck turn flasher on my '97 Eclipse and hope it isn't going to be a pain to do?

Time to start watering, a daily job during the summer, I guess I should spread some mulch around to keep the sun from drying out the earth so much.

Have a good evening and day tomorrow.

Home from a week of Boy Scout Summer Camp with my son. Between my daughter's volleyball team competing in the Nationals and then her attending a College Prospect Camp, and Boy Scouts I have been home a total of 10 days in the last 4 weeks. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Home from a week of Boy Scout Summer Camp with my son. Between my daughter's volleyball team competing in the Nationals and then her attending a College Prospect Camp, and Boy Scouts I have been home a total of 10 days in the last 4 weeks. I have a lot of catching up to do.

I have to give you credit Tom being as active with the Scouts and your Son as well as your Daughter and still take time to write. Kudos!

Good morning. It's 74°, humidity is 97%. There's a fair chance of rain. The high will be 90° but it will feel like 101°.
cond50-1.jpg

Nothing planned for today except some cleanup on the layout. It's a bit cluttered after working on the newest Frankenstein F unit. I put some weight into it last night so it weighs slightly under a pound. All that remains is to obtain and install a decoder.

P1011327.jpg

Hi everyone! :) Just dropping by for a quick cup'a jo. Everything is beginning to return to normal at this end, with most of the business side of things almost done. Fortunately, my Mother had everything setup to make things "easier". During all of this, I learned a new term: "Medallion Signature Guarantee". It's like a Super Notary stamp that indicates you have proven to be legally authorized to conduct the needed transaction. Usually, only larger banks and institutions have one. (Darn, I thought I knew everything. I should have asked Carey :p :D )

Hope everyone has a good day. Think I will build a kit or two. :)

103 real temperature here today. No coffee here, only Diet Mountain Dew. No yard work, cause I don't have a yard. Modeling and KC Fringe Festival all day, and probably in to tomorrow morning.

Kent in KC
nvrr49.blogspot.com

Hello All! Just dropped in to say hi. Getting ready to make some of my famous chilli dogs to feed the Broake & Howe RR gang. I might be asking for trouble, but I'm also handing out some Evan Williams Fireballs that I like to make. :eek: All you need is 1.5 oz. Evan Williams Green Lable, 1 ice cube and heavy as you dare chayenne pepper sauce. You can also dump it in 8 oz. of Dr. Pepper. :D

Hello All! Just dropped in to say hi. Getting ready to make some of my famous chilli dogs to feed the Broake & Howe RR gang. I might be asking for trouble, but I'm also handing out some Evan Williams Fireballs that I like to make. :eek: All you need is 1.5 oz. Evan Williams Green Lable, 1 ice cube and heavy as you dare chayenne pepper sauce. You can also dump it in 8 oz. of Dr. Pepper. :D
I prefer my Tabasco lemonade. 20 oz of lemonade or whatever flavor drink I want, two teaspoons of Tabasco and a drop of Da Bomb hot sauce. It pleases me and clears your sinuses.

Back