WPF 3-30 to 4-6

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hey lets get 'er started for the week! ;):D

I have been doing research for a model to put on the SLOW. Did a lot of photos, measuring, and research. Thanks to a friend (County Historian) who also helped with the measuring yesterday, I found out that the old Coal Pocket was most likely put in in the Summer of 1952 by the Northern Central Branch of the PRR. It was supposed to right in the city of Canandaigua, but after a lawsuit by the neighbors, the city pulled the permit on them and it was then put in the PRR yard at the edge of the city limits (Much better location actually). Not much left, but hopefully enough to recreate it.

CoalUnloading19w.png

CoalUnloading21w.png

CoalUnloading23w.png

The 3 main beams under where the rails were (shown below) are 10" x 16" x 24'. There are two (possibly 3 - no way to know without excavating the area) more on the other edge of the structure.

CoalUnloading14w.png

CoalUnloading11w.png

Quite a find there Ray. Can't quite wait to see the model you build.

Grampy, great as always.

MGRy 500 passing through the Sundown industrial area.

DSCN1975.jpg

Ray, Jay and Jeffrey, neat stuff!!
Were kickin it "old school" this week, mixed with new. See, in 1964 I started in this hobby with a Lionel FA, with rubber band drive. Over the years, I've added another A unit, plus a B unit. With a little modification, they are all now sporting Walthers FA chassis with NCE decoders.
So now my oldest diesel runs like my newer ones, the best of both worlds!:D

Texas%20special%20ABA.JPG

Here are two of my "newest" locos to my fleet. One is a Bowser Frisco U-25B number #825, and one of three Athearn Genesis Frisco GP-15-1's that I have. It is numbered #123. I took these photos on my 4X6 layout The Morgan Valley. In all of the locos that I have,I have 7 Frisco locomotives in my collection. They include, 2 U25B locos, 3 GP-15-1's, 1 MP-15, and 1 VO 1000 Baldwin. William.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re the Frisco locos. They always remind me of orange sherbet. You know those little cups you get a picnics with the wooden spoon? I could eat a dozen of those.

Recently I was editing some photos taken on a cloudy, foggy day and noticed how Photoshop Elements was able to take away a lot of the fog effect. Then I wondered if it could add fog.

Here is a westbound coal train coming out of the fog hanging in the Wallace River valley in Western Wa. What do you think?
attachment.php

Nice job on the Fog, Paul!

Managed to find a bit of time to do some details on the roof of the Powerhouse. Have 2 of the 3 roofs on it done. The 3rd. will be getting a Water Tower (got to provide lots of water to the boiler inside you know!) and then will be covered in stone. The stone is from the Seneca Stone Quarry here in the Finger Lakes. It was sifted to get several different sizes of stone from a powder to some much coarser stone.

RoofDetail02w.png

RoofDetail01w.png

Re the Frisco locos. They always remind me of orange sherbet. You know those little cups you get a picnics with the wooden spoon? I could eat a dozen of those.

Recently I was editing some photos taken on a cloudy, foggy day and noticed how Photoshop Elements was able to take away a lot of the fog effect. Then I wondered if it could add fog.

Here is a westbound coal train coming out of the fog hanging in the Wallace River valley in Western Wa. What do you think?
attachment.php

I know what you mean Paul. Those Frisco locos do have that Orange Creamsickle look. Awesome photo by the way.William.

Back