It has begun!! The Midland Line.

CAN it get worse!? Hummm...

Looking good there Ken! Can't wait to see more progress, at this rate you'll have the layout down in a year!

Build on, bro! I, too, am a fan of double-sided backdrops - actually I had no choice since I wasn't able to build against the walls (shelving).

Ken,

What a slap fantastic thread you've got here!! Great work, excellent pics and descriptions. Won't be long before you hear the rumble of tonnage at the pace your going!! Great show!

Johnny

To continue, Don't you just love holidays!!

Track runs down grade 2% ish inside track is mainline outside goes to staging.
The turnout and single track are temporary for roundy running.
P1020869_Medium_.JPG

The inside track starts to climb again up to the centre peninsula. The outside track runs down 2% to staging and also goes along via turnout under existing benchwork to the right (turnout visible under single track where screw jar sitting)
P1020868_Medium_.JPG

Upper track (inside) to main level, lower track (outer) down to staging. Right in the middle of the pic I will put a turnout on the staging track that will run off to the right under the existing benchwork and make a wye from the the other turnout which is just visible under the temporary track (under the screw jar)
P1020871_Medium_.JPG

View up grade to the peninsula and down to staging.
P1020873_Medium_.JPG

Yet to add my pinex softboard to the MDF and still undecided re WS roadbed

Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, hey, hey, hey I'm having a fire sale!!

We're off on a new venture so the Midland Line has come to an end:eek:

I might find some space somewhere to start over:confused:

Who knows............

Ken,

Hey, hey, hey, hey I'm having a fire sale!!

We're off on a new venture so the Midland Line has come to an end:eek:

I might find some space somewhere to start over:confused:

Who knows............

Ken,

Ken,

Brother, I am so sorry for the loss of your property. *hugs tight* The OL and mines prayers, hopes and good wishes go out to you, Jan and Brigette. This too shall pass man.

I am sure that when you get a new place you will find some space of some kind to put up something again and I am convinced that it will have the same well thought out, well planned and well constructed base that the Midland Line did!

You sir are a good man and great modeler, stay strong and hang tough.

A toast to the Midland Line may she live on in our memories and thoughts!

Peace.

Coyote

Thankyou Coyote, I know we'll be fine where ever we go ( we have our eye on a place, two garages both for two cars;) and the mortgage won't be as big!!:D )

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts.

Ken.

Ken Are you moving to an other/better( MRR:D ) place? The place where you live looks(looked) great!:confused:

Wish you GOOD luck with the new nenture!
My thoughts are too with the Midland Line....

Jos

Yes Jos, we are moving. we have found a place near the main south rail line and on the international airport flight path (for Jan she loves planes)

We're making an offer today . I'm over the shock and am looking forward to the shift.

Ken.

Ken,

Hope your bid is the winning one and that the new property is "train-friendly"! Keep us posted, I been remembering you in my prayers too...

-the Other 'Ken'

The good news is the spare garage is 19 x 26 a little wider and 1 foot longer than my train room now. But I feel apprehensive about building that big again just because I've been burned at this place I guess.

We made an offer had it accepted but they want a shorter possession date then us (we have to finish sum painting before we sell)

Ken.

The good news is the spare garage is 19 x 26 a little wider and 1 foot longer than my train room now. But I feel apprehensive about building that big again just because I've been burned at this place I guess...
At least it will be 100% yours and Jan's, right? Sounds like less risk to me...!

Back