Weekly Photo Fun, 1/7/11 thru 1/13/11

Almost done 1 of the 2 gp38-3's I'm building
59d77982.jpg

a few more details and decals

I snapped a picture with the new road AND a train this time. Last time I was so excited about the road, I forgot about the train. WHAT WAS I THINKING!:D

newlayout004-2-1.jpg

This shot is kind of ruined by seeing the crap behind it. Some day I'll rig up a block so you can't see the layout behind it.

newlayout008-1.png

Corey
Looks awesome!!!:D
Photoshop can take care of those backround oddities, especially that lamp, or is that just a funny shaped grain elevator, cant tell which!!

i'll post pics tomorrow of the 2 SD40-2's i've been super detailing and bashing with cannon parts. Thankfully the gouge in my middle finger didn't leave a bloody mess on the unpainted shells. i bled like a son of a b#$^h

i'll post pics tomorrow of the 2 SD40-2's i've been super detailing and bashing with cannon parts. Thankfully the gouge in my middle finger didn't leave a bloody mess on the unpainted shells. i bled like a son of a b#$^h

Ah, model railroading injuries! :D Notice the concern for the model's welfare! Never mind your shirt, carpet, etc.;)

so... we're waiting for the war story about how ya goin injured in the first place...

LOL. I was cutting out the molded on radiator grills on one of the sd40-2's im building using an exacto knife. I had removed one side and was working on the other. Doing some final trimming of the opening i went a tad to deep into the plastic, put a little more pressure and WAHLAH, blade goes into the tip of my middle finger. I swear if you look at it, you'de laugh. Its a very small cut, but man did it bleed. It was like I hit a main artery with a steak knife. Tip of the finger is all sensitive as hell now too, makes typing a tad uncomfortable, especially beeing a police dispatcher and 911 operator. Thats all we do all day is type.

OUCH!!

Sounds like the time I sliced my right thumb down to the bone on my right hand... Monday night of finals week in highschool!! Do you know how hard it is to fill in scantron bubbles without your thumb?

(I had just bought a SH-60 Seahawk model, and a brand new hobby knife. I was starting basic assembly, being VERY careful with the knife... then mom walked in and started distracting me... Like an idiot I kept working and then... oopsy!!! I'm bleedin all over the place, trying to apply pressure, and listen to what she's sayin (you know moms... bla bla bla!), I finally had to tell her hang on, this aint gonna stop bleedin!)

"Photoshop can take care of those backround oddities, especially that lamp, or is that just a funny shaped grain elevator, cant tell which!!"

Karl, I thought it was a lighthouse! (rimshot, please!)

Don't forget to tip your wait staff!

Seriously, Corey, those are great pictures! Keep 'em coming!!

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Back