anim_snoopy.png
1.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:D

Good morning,
yesterday I was outside for a little while when I heard a funny sound, I look across the yard to see a motorcycle going down the road. It was a nice day in the upper 40's.:D
Most of my stuff came at the hobby store, the steamer and a flat car are on back order.:( Oh well, I'll get it eventually.
Have a good day everyone!

Good afternoon anyone who's out there.:)

It's almost fifty degrees here with overcast skies. Supposedly the sun is suppose to show itself. It's starting to brighten up outside so maybe. Sunny and fifty, it just has a nice ring to it!:D

I hope to continue assembling my barn kit when I get home tonight. I was wondering why this particular kit was only $25 when I bought it. I didn't realize that I would have to buy my own shingles for $15.:( Oh well.

I work until eight tonight so I see reading a book in my future. That is, unless we're busy. Then I'll actually work.;)

Have a good day everyone.

I'm back from the spirit world. After two days on a vision quest I found answers to many of my questions but not always the answers I wanted or expected. My mind is at ease but my body is exhausted. According to the hospital my mother will be coming home tomorrow. That doesn't mean she's any better. It just means they got her stabilized and there's nothing else they can do for her at this time.

I'm back from the spirit world. After two days on a vision quest I found answers to many of my questions but not always the answers I wanted or expected. My mind is at ease but my body is exhausted. According to the hospital my mother will be coming home tomorrow. That doesn't mean she's any better. It just means they got her stabilized and there's nothing else they can do for her at this time.
Welcome back. Many times, you are given what you need, not what you want.
You have my best wishes for your mother.

Good Evening..

Glenn: Sorry to hear about your father passing away...

I seemed to have missed a few days here...:confused::rolleyes:

Right now I spent the past few days recording some things for an interwebz based group...hence my not being around much...:eek::rolleyes::D

As it is I too have been looking into extra work...and found it under my nose...I'm building custom computer systems for some design companies:eek: Don't ask how this happened..it is a weird story...:eek::rolleyes:

Evening greetings to all the dudes and dudettes!:D

I can see this green thing, its covering my yard and emerging out from under the few snow patches out back! Could it be? the lawn!:confused: Ahh yes, it was sunny and 60 today! Wooopeee!!!!!! Global warming is finally working to our advantage!!:D:D:rolleyes:

Other than that, nuttin much happening here!

Jeffrey. We'll keep Mom in our prayers. You rest up!

boB Welcome back buddy! Didja get lost in the snow up there??;)

Barry Wierd? As in strange circumstances or wierd as in there is a amputated hand wriggling its way out of a computer tower?:eek:

Good evening. It's supposed to be nearly 80 degrees here tomorrow. I guess we went directly from Winter to Summer, without stopping for Spring.
I finally got my W2 from Cancerfornia, and did my taxes. It seems the people in CA didn't withhold enough out of my pay, like I kept insisting they weren't, and now I have to pay a bunch to Uncle Sam, in spite of using all the relocation for work deductions. Sigh.

Jeffrey, been a bit on a "vision quest" of my own. Bob it is great to see you back on the forums. Now if we can just get Jim back after his accident things may start getting back to as normal as normal is something of a mystery.

Glendia(wife) and Vicki(our youngest) has us going to Disney World in November. In June I am going to Alabama for a family reunion in Selma for my moms side of the family. I loved reunions as a kid but detested them as I grew older and really enjoy them now. My mom had 7 brothers and sisters and we have only had one of them pass on so far so we usually have a real good time. One of my aunts is only 2 year solder than me and another is 15 days younger then I am. Hi ho Hi Ho it is off to bed I go.

What going on guys.

Tomorrow ends my 3 years working in the summer camp field. Finally going to be free from the mindless insanity that is the 8 week long summer camp season and all the BS the flows with it. An old saying and one my dad quotes quite often "poor planning on your part dose not constitute an emergency on mine" How ever give my role as the fixer/head of maintenance it quite often did. Also didn't help that the the owners/bosses would side with the line staff and let them put words in my mouth. So tonight a toast to them because they can kiss my glass. New job starts the 28th so got a week to do some cleaning and work on the layout.

Good Morning!

Welp...Karl, let's just put it this way...I was doing this stuff before..and someone told me of a company that needed one built and he thought....:eek:...:rolleyes:

This morning we went from 46F to 26F...now we are going to go back up to 39F...then to 17F tonight...life in the Great Lakes basin..if you can't stand the temperature regime now, wait 15 minutes...:rolleyes:

I'm going to populate some posts of mine with these wonderful little things...

Good morning. It's 62° and cloudy. The high should be 74° and it will be mostly cloudy.

I'm hoping to get started on some more layout work soon. Just waiting on some ballast and ground foam. However nearly anything is welcome. Not much planned for today other than staying off my feet. The Charcot condition is still flared up. It softens the bones somewhat and that makes for some intense pain when I put my weight on them

Jeffery - I hope you can get some relief from the pain!
I know it can sap you strength and cause a chitty attitude.

Has any one heard anything about how Jim is recuperating?
Nosy minds want to know.

Jeffery - I hope you can get some relief from the pain!
I know it can sap you strength and cause a chitty attitude.
I wish I could. As it is I just have to grin and bear it and try not to bite someones head off when they say 'It can't hurt that much'. They should try dropping a full size refrigerator on their leg. Then they might have a clue!

I wish I could. As it is I just have to grin and bear it and try not to bite someones head off when they say 'It can't hurt that much'. They should try dropping a full size refrigerator on their leg. Then they might have a clue!

Usually those kinds of people have not had anything happen to them ... have no idea what pain is...:mad:

Speaking of which..slight accident happened here..had a nail driven into my foot earlier today using my nailgun...no safety boot....[banghead]

had a nail driven into my foot earlier today using my nailgun...no safety boot....[banghead]
:eek:OUCH!!:eek: Been there and done something similar. I shot two staples (1.5") through one of my hands. As for nails and such my feet have seen a wide assortment of tacks, screws and nails in the last fifty years. The biggest of the nails was a 40D.

My biggest ouchy was when I bought my dad a 7" skill saw for Christmas in 1967/68. We had a live tree that year and after we took it down I started to cut the tree into fire wood for the fireplace. I turned and almost dropped the saw. When I grabbed the saw I hit the trigger and 10 teeth later I had a real nasty gash just above my right knee. I walked into the house and told my parents I needed to go the the ER. Dad turned white so mom had to do the driving as dad was unfit to drive. Nine stitches later I was no longer bleeding. The Doctor told me a half inch lower and I could have had a very serious problem as I would have gotten into my knee cab. I still have the beautiful scar above the knee cab and my daughters were very curious when they were young why daddy did not wear shorts. Now I live in shorts because I do not care what I look like most of the time nor do I care what anybody else thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back