Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
We have moved again. There for a while we were stagnated and moved not to often. Lately things have really picked up. Glad to see that we are getting more posts. That means that summer is officially over and the pack is back. Now that we are almost back to normal ceptin JIM, who I hope is doing well and can at least check us out now and then, Chris no Monkey $%#t please. You have behaved very well the last couple of months and I think Dana is having a great effect on you so I hope she keeps you under control and continue with your very good behavior.

Well Crappo! Flo, you are going to learn to settle down.

Chris, remember, I've moved recently, you don't have keys to this house!!:D.........
No sweat, Chris I have a couple of sets and will send you one. ;):D

You think that I would learn not to start anything major on the layout this time of the year (Nope!). I finally started (3 years after track) on the ground cover/ballasting of my Central Yard. Since the start yesterday, there have been at least 10 friends/family come by for a visit...not all at once, but one now, one an hour later, one 3hours later, one.....:eek: You guys know that this type of work just doesn't stop and go easily. Once you wet the ballast, lay glue or gunk down, you have to finish up that section. Oh well, what the hay...tis the season.:D

HEY SANDY! Sorry I didn't comment earlier. The Bama Boys are doing great and loving our "cold" weather. Don't go away for so long; we enjoy your posts ;):).

No sweat, Chris I have a couple of sets and will send you one. ;):D

Rex, before ya go handing them out, I got 3 words for ya! Fedex Overnight Shipping!!
I can have a set of your keys in his mailbox, literally, overnight. Besides, he lives closer to you than he does to me. Besides, when his tanned hide gets up here is Fridgedaireville, he's not gonna be movin so fast!! :D
So do ya really want him to have a set of keys????

We have moved again.

I'm happy to say it was not from DMSF! Thank you Chris!:cool:

Now that we are almost back to normal ceptin JIM, who I hope is doing well and can at least check us out now and then,

Amen to that! :)

I think Dana is having a great effect on you so I hope she keeps you under control and continue with your very good behavior.

Translation for the non-PC among us; Dana has you on a short leash, I hope she keeps it up! :D:D:D:D:D

Woohoo! now that is 25 times this post has hit 100?? I'm going to be here for a while yet. So, who is hoping something under the tree is RR related?? I know I am at least getting at least one. Yes I am a snoop. lol

Well, and it is all nicely done up too! Like the new digs here...:D:D

Now, Chris, remember that we do not want any domesticated primate dung flinging going on here...:);)

Woohoo! now that is 25 times this post has hit 100?? I'm going to be here for a while yet. So, who is hoping something under the tree is RR related?? I know I am at least getting at least one. Yes I am a snoop. lol

I know that my wife had me look up online different paint booths. You'd think that after 32yrs of custom painting, she'd buy me one before now. I also told her I wanted 2 more F&C SRR wood cabooses. (Even told her where to get them.);) Maybe I'll get them as well.

My first new Years resolution is to get the dang nabbed DCC hooked up on the layout. Talked to several local guys including one at a hobby shop over in Muncie IN and they told me it would be best to use 14ga wire for the buss. When I started accumulating the stuff for my Super Empire Builder set a few years ago I got 16ga wire. So I now have a couple of 16ga spools laying here that will be used for something else. So maybe sometime this week I will get to Lowes and find my wire. I am hoping to find a light blue and white insulated wire so I will be able to keep track of my wire like I have on the present wiring setup.

My first new Years resolution is to get the dang nabbed DCC hooked up on the layout. Talked to several local guys including one at a hobby shop over in Muncie IN and they told me it would be best to use 14ga wire for the buss. When I started accumulating the stuff for my Super Empire Builder set a few years ago I got 16ga wire. So I now have a couple of 16ga spools laying here that will be used for something else. So maybe sometime this week I will get to Lowes and find my wire. I am hoping to find a light blue and white insulated wire so I will be able to keep track of my wire like I have on the present wiring setup.

Larry, are you going to remove all of your old wiring? Whats wrong with whats already installed? Unless you're only running with just 2 wires to the layout, converting a DC layout to DCC doesn't involve much work at all. I've converted 3 here in the B'ham area, for friends in the past 2 years. One was as simple as connecting the DCC system in place of one of the 2 cabs he had installed, and making sure all of his cab selectors switches were thrown to the DCC side. The others were almost as easy, but they both had reversing sections they wanted rewired to reverse automatically.

12/19/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Eeeeeeeee, Karl.....My back yard is full of keys to your home!;) Pulse I got a saws-all for the bars over the windows if nessary!;):D Trust me, if one want's in your home......they will get in your home!:D:);)

Yes, Dana keeps my leash short! She made Ryan and me a lovely dinner last night and made some Rum Balls with(100%proof Capt. Morgans Black Cash Rum) to top my bowl of ice cream!:eek: My belly was full and is was just a little tipsy! You guys do owe Dana a thanks for keeping me in line here.

Also,I have been messing around with my trains again. Still can't afford to do much, and when the Divorce get over with and child support hits:confused:

I'm still trying to find a second night job until the lawn season kicks in march....no luck:mad: Even getting into wally-world Store or distribution center is tough. It seems everyone has the same idea, 2nd and 3rd shift jobs are hard to get 1st shift is easy! State unemployment is still at 12%:mad: OWell, I guess if worst come to worst i'll move in with Karl, Larry, Terry, Rex, or any of ya.......Don't worry about letting me in.........I got my Keys!:D

BTW: what happen to Jim? I missed that post..........Inquiring mind wants to know!
Jim got creamed by a drunk driver. The drunk died, and Jim hasn't been doing so well. He's having some issues, but hopefully he'll recover and be back. I think this happened in July or August.

Larry, you've got the 16ga wire, why not use it, just make the feeder wires closer together? How big is your layout? My N layout (3x10) has three feeder wire sets of 20ga, and zero problems. My HO layout (4x8) has two 20ga sets, and zero problems. I can run 5 or more sound-equipped units at a time on it. It looks strange chasing its tail, but it does it without a whimper.

Jim got creamed by a drunk driver. The drunk died, and Jim hasn't been doing so well. He's having some issues, but hopefully he'll recover and be back. I think this happened in July or August.

Oh holy CRAP!:eek: Well I'll add him to the prayer list!!!!! seems to be growing everyday:rolleyes::(

Good morning. It's 35 and sunny. The high will be 58 and we're looking at a full day of sunshine.

Been busy this morning. At about 5 am I started in on the repair of my HP F4100 series scanner/printer/copier all-in-one. The printer part worked just fine, however I have a HP 3930 Deskjet to do my printing with. It's easier to use and more accessible. No, the problem with the 4100 is that the copier/scanner functions wouldn't work. The light came on just fine but the scanning device inside wouldn't move. I suspected this was due to a bad board or a bad motor. The problem turned out to be the motor. Fortunately a friend of mine had a similar HP all-in-one that got fried by a lightning strike (he's a firm believer in surge protectors now) that he gave me to use for any parts I could get from it. Only real difference I could see in them is that his cost about $50 more than mine did and had a fax built in. Mine was on clearance and I snagged it for $40 at Wal-Mart. Anyhow, I tore the donor unit apart and liberated the scanner motor. It's the same type that was in my unit. After an hour and a half the transplant was done and I put the 4100 back together. I hooked it up and installed the software then did a test scan. SUCCESS!! It works! It's a little noisy but who cares. In other news, my sale of HO items is going well. I've moved close to half the items on the list. Today I'll likely be doing more work on the layout. There's still some snowy white areas that have to be painted a more agreeable color like some shade of green or brown. That will make for using less ground foam later.

My sales list is in the usual place, HERE.

My layout is somewhat of a G shape. The top of the G is 5.5ft long, The spine is 15ft long, the bottom is 6ft long and the upshoot off the bottom is 8ft. I hope that make sense cause it sure does to me. So the 16ga wire would work but I need to ad feeders every few feet.
The present wiring is 20 or 22ga so it is much to small. I tried to hook up the DCC system when i first got it and it would not work one iota. I bet I have a couple of miles of wire under there right now and most of it will stay as it operates my turnouts plus building lights not yet installed. I went thru several hundred feet of the small wire when I put this layout together in 2000. Everything worked fine except one small 12" section which I have never gotten around to adding a feeder to. About 1/3rd of the ballasting is done and not finished because of the DCC system waiting to be installed. I think I am afraid of messing up what I do have when I do the changeover. In my mind I know I cannot hurt it to much but my heart is not convinced as of yet. I have talked to a good friend and after the first of the year we are going to try and get together and get me started. Once I get started there will no holding me back. I just need to add some restraint to my energy and go slow and easy. I have a tendency to get in a hurry but patience is slowly creeping into my vocabulary.
Thanks to all for their help and guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back