Coffee Shop XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. It's 46 and mostly cloudy. The high will be 74 and it will remain mostly cloudy.

Looks as if our low temps are gonna be in the 50's the next few days. That's a welcome change from the 30's. I got the feeder wires under the layout all connected last night. The multi-meter indicates that all the connections are correct and there are no shorts. The next step will be to connect the buss wires with the control panel.

laugh.gif

Good morning folks.

Up here in the frozen tundra we will have a high of 70 today!:eek: It's the last hurrah before the temps are near 40 for a high in ten days. Of course, we've had like six last hurrahs for warm temps. :rolleyes: This fall is quite the strange one.

I have a short day today with tomorrow off. The boss is picking up on the threat of mutiny around here by yours truly. He had four weekends off before his surgery and four WEEKS off since. That's eight weeks of extra work for me. I won't complain too loudly but I'm starting to get a little punchy around here. The old fuse has become noticeably shorter since the extra hours and responsibility. I guess I had become accustomed to the easy pace before his health issues. Well, he mowed his lawn two days ago, he can sit at the store for a few hours!:mad:

I started painting my merchants row kits last weekend. I have to say, they are turning out way nicer than I thought they would. It's much easier to paint the flat surfaces with a brush than try to paint inside the windows with one. I sprayed each section the color of the trim and picked a contrasting color for the brick. I know they won't be perfect, but who cares. The only people who would pick up on that would be the forum members here and across the street. To the naked eye and casual observer they will be realistically painted buildings in miniature form. The three foot rule is the golden rule at my layout.:D

I'm resisting the urge to decorate for Christmas at the store. I know it's early for most people, but we are usually one of the last businesses I see that decorates for the season. Between the store and my house I have five full size trees to decorate. Plus all of the garlands, wreaths, and other accompanying trinkets. Maybe next week I'll think about it. Like I said earlier, it's going to be seventy today!

I hope everyone has a great day.

It's 34 degrees here with a high of 60. I am going to go down and clean up the debris of my father and I taking down one wall that was water damaged and replaing it with a new one. Still no even a glimmer of an idea on how to start my new train layout.

I'm resisting the urge to decorate for Christmas at the store. I know it's early for most people, but we are usually one of the last businesses I see that decorates for the season. Between the store and my house I have five full size trees to decorate. Plus all of the garlands, wreaths, and other accompanying trinkets. Maybe next week I'll think about it. Like I said earlier, it's going to be seventy today!

I hope everyone has a great day.
I am rresisting the urge too, but it gets a little bit harder every day. lol My first layout will be under the tree this year, then it will be converted into a scale ho layout.

I am rresisting the urge too, but it gets a little bit harder every day. lol My first layout will be under the tree this year, then it will be converted into a scale ho layout.
Any Christmas lights I buy this year will be destined for use as structure lighting on the layout. My Christmas tree will be a Bachmann Scenescapes conifer sprayed with adhesive and sprinkled with multi-color glitter and will be placed by the south engine house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning. It's 57 and mostly cloudy. The high will be 78. Nice weather we're having.

This morning I got the buss lines all wired into the control panel. All the busses get power when their respective DPDT's are turned on. I used alligator leads to connect the blocks together and check that they were wired properly by turning on the Zephyr. No shorts, no backward wiring. Now onto the wiring for the structure lighting.

Boy, business slow Flo?

Not much going on here. Ive got tommorow off from school. I have practice in the morning, then I have to take a run to the post office. Ill have to pack for camp tommorow as well. If im lucky, ill get out of school entirely on Friday, but most likely a half-day. Thank you to our Veterans.

I finally took a total of everything the Adirondack and Northern has aquired recently. Alittle bit of Motive Power and Rolling Stock

2 AC4400s
1 SDP40

3 Sets of 5 unit well cars.
1 86 Ft Boxar
1 Cement Car
1 Caboose
2 48ft Containers

Is $10, shipping included a good price for an Atlas 33k Gal Propane tank car?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well being as nothing is happening here tonight I'm calling it a night. Would've been nice to have a conversation or two but it seems it wasn't to be. I have an early morning and a long drive to Alexandria. I'll be there most of the day if not all day. At least the LHS over on Lee street will be open so I can go over there and chew the rag with some friends and maybe help on the store layout. See y'all Friday.

then I have to take a run to the post office.
Isn't the Post Office closed for Veteran's Day?

As far as the tank cars, there was a time when dealers couldn't give them away for $7 each. That time seems to be past, now. $10 for a (new in box?) 33k tanker isn't bad. Still works out to about $7, figuring $3 postage. Just check the handrails, that was the weak point, they would snap if you gave them a hard look.

Isn't the Post Office closed for Veteran's Day?

As far as the tank cars, there was a time when dealers couldn't give them away for $7 each. That time seems to be past, now. $10 for a (new in box?) 33k tanker isn't bad. Still works out to about $7, figuring $3 postage. Just check the handrails, that was the weak point, they would snap if you gave them a hard look.

Crud, Thats right....

Ill make my dad drive me on the way out of Town, which will be friday.

Thanks for the info. on the tank car, ill ask the seller.

It's 36 here today with a high of 64. It's not supposed to rain until this weekend. I started my preliminary xmas layout. I am finding it very hard to not keep it downstairs for just little ol me.

Good morning folks.

Edit: Thanks to all of the Veterans out there. Your service to this country is appreciated.

I had a wonderful day off yesterday. The boss is back to work so I got my second day off of the week yesterday. I can't believe how much I've missed having that second day to myself.

I made great progress on painting both of my Walthers' Merchants Row kits yesterday. I think I'm getting close to assembly time. I just need to do some grout work before I add the windows. Then I'll be on to the assembly. I think they will turn out pretty decent in the end.

Things are pretty quiet around the store this month. We're hoping it's due to the nice weather we've had and not something permanent. I guess we'll find out this weekend when we're suppose to get rain and snow mix. Hopefully the nasty weather will put people in the mood to shop.

Our store is about as busy as this coffee shop!:) Let's hope some people drop in to say hello.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back