Coffee Shop XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The middle section is out and the beam has been cut. The part you see hanging in the photo is the park section. It's going to need a little support under the sides at the front to keep it from dropping into the abyss. I don't know about you guys but I'm tired.

P1011369.jpg

Jeffery- you have been doing major surgery! But, the patient looks good,

I hope the surgeon is recoverng okay.

Evening Gang!

Today was a suckee day.:mad: I picked my son up from school and was heading home when WHAM out of nowhere came an 8 point white tail and we took him head on! :eek::eek::eek:
Now my son and I are OK, but the truck isn't. Gonna need a new grill, hood, trans cooler, a/c condensor, core support, filler panel between the bumper and grill, and another one of them tractor trailer sized bumperguards. Plus there is a small dent in the right fender (hoof did it?)
Ranger.jpg

This was the before pic.
You don't wanna see the after.
The deer made it about 40 ft into a field before it collapsed. I called the State Police to dispartch it, but before they arrived a local contractor stopped and asked if he could have the deer. As soon as I said yes he unloaded a really nasty looking bow from the back of his truck and sent the deer to Bambi heaven!
One lesson learned..those deer whistles don't work worth a damn!:mad: Shoulda spent the money on some more Kadee #5's!!:rolleyes:
Just placed a call to my bodyman son,,,,he'll be up Saturday to commence repairs. :D Problem is, finding parts for a 22 year old truck that arn't rusted or beat up is gonna be fun!!!:(

Here's the after pic fellas................damn this sucks!!!:mad:
Ranger%20005.JPG

On the bright side, I did find an NOS Grille & Bumper online,, just gotta see what tomorrow brings when the truck DR. gets here and has done his examination.

On the train side of life, those 3 brass caboose kits that I have been neglecting for the last 6 years got a lot of work completed. Just need all the grab iron holes drilled, grabs made and installed then they are ready for paint!!

Also, wierd failure today.......one of my Atlas gp38's would not make any speed. I tried a lot of stuff then commenced to try to reprogram on my NCE system,,,,,all I got was "cannot read cv". I pulled the dynamic blister to expose the factory decoder. Motor voltage at full throttle was only 4.5 volts. I pulled the DC plug and tried it on my DC test track, Ran fine. :confused: I was about to replace the decoder but something told me to put the plug back in the DCC position. Presto! It worked fine. I reset the address and reconsisted it, all is well! The pins on the plug looked fine, musta been a gremlin caught inside?;) I've got 6 of these little devils running around. Next time I'll pull the plug and reseat it 1st!:cool:

Another weird thing : My laptop graphic card had gone nuts last week, any booting would result in a colorfull maze of pixels.Today I "baked" the graphic card at 385F for 10mn in the oven; presto ! working again ! :)

Got the middle section of the layout cut out last night and I feel like I've been trying to bench press a Mack truck. The wiring comes next. I've decided to do a complete rewire of the west side of main layout. I can splice in the track wires from the east side and the extension easily. The structure wiring for the extension is intact but the same can't be said for the structure wiring of main part of the layout. Part of it was ripped out to make way for removing the middle section so I'll be rewiring that too. I just have to work out what takes 5 volts and what takes 12 volts.

Good morning-

Currently we are sitting at -1C with a sunny start to the day--we are going to see a mainly sunny day today with our high getting up to 4C.

Welb, i better be off and runnin' I got stuff to do at w**k again---and i'll be waiting for a few days orff too!!:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It snowed here last night really hard. I'm just glad the ground is warm enough to not let it stick, or we would have 1-3 inches on the ground. It's 30 degrees here and the high is only going to be 42. Just downright COLD!! I ain't ready for this yet. Is anybody else feeling the chill in the air?

It snowed here last night really hard. I'm just glad the ground is warm enough to not let it stick, or we would have 1-3 inches on the ground. It's 30 degrees here and the high is only going to be 42. Just downright COLD!! I ain't ready for this yet. Is anybody else feeling the chill in the air?
Definitely got a bit of a nip in the air. 33F at 93% humidity. I'm not going out there unless I have to.:eek: I'm not a fan of snow, that's why I'm way down here in Louisiana. I had enough of snow and ice in my younger years when I was in Germany, England, Spain, France and Italy among other places. Lived with snow in Virginia and South Carolina and even got some in El Paso Texas. We've had snow here a few times in the last 30-35 years but it always melts and is gone in 1-3 days. Cold weather and me old bones don't play together well these days. :D

I understand about the cold weather stuff. One of my meds screws up my body thermostat so I am cold constantly! My neighbor bought a snowblower last year and I just buy him 5 gallons of gas every time it snows. lol

Once in a while we get a heavy ice storm here. When that happens my nephew and some of his friends break out the ATV's, some old car hoods and a few cases of beer and have their version of a chariot race around the circle with the ATV's pulling the car hoods. They enjoy it partly because it's fun but mostly because when those things get moving fast stopping them isn't very easy and you never know what will happen next and that just adds to the thrill.

I was that age once. Old enough to know better but young enough to say 'Oh what the hell'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once in a while we get a heavy ice storm here. When that happens my nephew and some of his friends break out the ATV's, some old car hoods and a few cases of beer and have their version of a chariot race around the circle. They enjoy it partly because it's fun but mostly because when those things get moving fast stopping them isn't very easy and you never know what will happen next and that just adds to the thrill.

I was that age once. Old enough to know better but young enough to say 'Oh what the hell'.

Yup :D

Ive been known to shovel off a path around the backyard and the hill in the backyard. I leave about 3 inches of snow and use the garden hose to freeze the "track". Its great, 3rd/4th gear and 2wd is a fun time :D One year i piled snow on the brush pile and tried to drive over it after it froze over. Not such a good idea, maybe if it wasnt dome shaped.

You can tell the snow is coming. Went to lowes today and there was snowblower stacked 4 deep, probably 15-20 rows of them too. Theres usually about 2-3 dozen snowblowers, but ive never seen this many. Its wierd too, we had a pretty mild winter last year, a couple of feet tops.

I've cut all the layout wiring free of the control panel and I rewired the east turnout. It's the only thing wired to the control panel at this point. More to come.

Karl- Tell me about it! Ive been on alot of forums, but never seen someone my age with 1k posts. That should tell me something :D:rolleyes:. Hey, i managed to juggle trains, sports, and the gf fine though. Ive got my priorities in line :cool:

Jeff- At this rate, ill be at about 4000. 1 year-1000 posts. Youve been here 4 years- 5600 posts. I dont think ill be able to catch you :D

That amounts to about 4 posts a day. Not much, but it stacks up.

On one site I'm on there were some who posted up to 35 posts a day!:eek:

Good Morning:D

Right now we are sitting at the mighty 34F going to a high of 45F--tomorrow we will be at 50F:D All in sun!!:D Normally we would be under the DULL skies of the Great Lakes Basin but this year it looks like we'll be seeing more sun than we did in a long time!:D

And I be at w**k right now doing paperw**k --- I'll be finished for a few days come Monday morning--:eek::rolleyes::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back