09/17/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.

anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

RUGERFORUMDiner.png

waitress2.png

:eek:

Good morning. Not much going on here today. I'm just trying to get over yesterday. I was using my father's little Yardman rider mower to pull the trailer the weeds were loaded into. What a piece of crap! I've never seen this behavior from a Kohler engine before. It runs OK for work like mowing where it's running all the time but on jobs where it will be shut down between runs it sucks. It seems to have a penchant for flooding out. When that happens, the spark plug has to be removed and dried. The crank then has to be turned several times to expel the excess gas then the spark plug can be reinstalled. Only then will it crank again. It didn't take but a couple of times of that for me to break out the old tractor.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Or taken off, thrown on to the pile of junk and replaced just as easy!:eek:

I hope It work's out fer ya, Terry.....But my guess this isn't their first time through this and might have a way out of it! Just count your blessing you didn't get seriously hurt and Need way more money than they could have afforded any ways!

We were in a similar accident 5 years back, and the guy that rear ended my wife was like the woman that hit you, We didn't get $------t! from experience if they ain't got no physical Assets you can take and sell, you won't get crap either!

Chris
OK got my building stuff ready, when we building it. I would sooner die skint AND happy than rich and henpecked any day.

Getting the hang of my new IMAC 27" screen superputer, better than that old pile of crap Dell microsoft powered pile of virus spreading junk.

Welcome to the weekend

Yet another update...:
I called Nationwide from my cell phone, and got the voice mail. I hung up, went up to the office, and called them from one of the company phones. Lo and behold, the adjuster picked up the phone on the first ring. Imagine that:rolleyes:.
No, they still can't get hold of their insured. I asked if they called the number the woman gave to police. No, they called the number they have on file. Okay, here's the number they gave police, why don't you try using it? Oh, and I'll be calling you back Monday, and it won't be from this phone number, to see if you talked to them. It's only $250, and an old laptop, but it's MY $250, and old laptop. When I call them back Monday, I'm going to tell the adjuster I got a dozen letters from attorneys wanting to sue Nationwide and their insured on my behalf, and if they don't want that to happen, they'd better stop stalling and do what they are supposed to do.
And yes, I have a pile of letters from attorneys and chiropractors wanting my business. Usually they go straight into the circular file, but I think I'm going to hang onto them this time.

That's the way to do it. Let them know you mean business and that silence isn't an answer. When lawyers and attorneys start popping up on your side of the line in the sand the company's legal staff starts getting concerned.

Been a whole week since ive been in here. Talk about busy! Practice has been pretty much hell this week, but i might get moved up to 1st string. Indian Summer is here and on its way out. Im back into the school routine, joy :rolleyes: Have a good one gents!

Anyone interested in doing a swap for an Accurail BNSF hopper? I dont model grain, nor do i ever plan to. It was a Christmas gift from my grandma a couple years ago :D

Terry- Sorry to hear about your hassles with the insurance company, good luck, im sure youll get progress with the lawyers threat.

Chris- I dont recall seeing if your son ever made it back to his original school?, hope all is well and things are looking forward.

Jeff- 8ft tall dandelions huh? :eek: We dont have much to compare to that up here, remind me come december, ill show you a pictures of the ridiculous snow :D It can be up to my waist, and im 6'1'' :eek: I can usually walk right from the deck straight onto the snow, no need to walk down any steps, oh yeah, and my dog gets stuck sometimes :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris- I dont recall seeing if your son ever made it back to his original school?, hope all is well and things are looking forward.

Last Wednesday, Him and his mother got into it! He said he hates his school and said his life sucks! Then his mom wisked him of to see their counsler which ended in him going to the harbor for potential of suicide risk!:eek::mad: My son told me he never said any thing about suicide to any one of them they just assumed he was!:mad::mad::mad: Now, Ryan has attempted suicide on his record and he never attempted to or had said he would!:mad:

Now, His mom is dating some 300plus# trailer trash redneck! My son hates him and is wanting to come home!

Things arn't going that great......somethings are starting to look up. But over all is not much better!

I'm doing what I can on my side, but it's a up hill battle!

Dang! Where is Fall? Hit 99 degrees today and it will be like this for the next 4-5 days.
It made for a good day of kit building and repairing a few areas of track...all in the A/C cooled depot. Also, I finally got the switching moves setup within the steel mill sidings and with an Interchange track going to the rest of the world.

Chris: I will have the Bama Cheerleaders swing by your place on the way back from Duke. Time you and the boy got a smile on your face. ;):D

Karl: Sorry! No cheerleaders for you :p.

Tomorrow, Bama meets Duke at 2:30pm cdt, ABC.
Roll Tide!

Chris: I will have the Bama Cheerleaders swing by your place on the way back from Duke. Time you and the boy got a smile on your face. ;):D

Roll Tide!

Rex, we could use the cheerleaders right about now!:eek: All I know is I can see areas where God is working...and others.....Well:confused: Still need tons of prayers for a new Job and some form of a life that doesn't sux so badly!:(:(

I had a Kohler do that. It was a blocked air bleed in the carb. Take the air cleaner off and blast every little hole you see with compressed air, without staring directly into the carb, unless you enjoy the taste of gasoline.

It's not a guaranteed fix, but there is a very good chance it will dislodge the crap and it will run normally again. It did for me.

Good morning. Not much going on here today. I'm just trying to get over yesterday. I was using my father's little Yardman rider mower to pull the trailer the weeds were loaded into. What a piece of crap! I've never seen this behavior from a Kohler engine before. It runs OK for work like mowing where it's running all the time but on jobs where it will be shut down between runs it sucks. It seems to have a penchant for flooding out. When that happens, the spark plug has to be removed and dried. The crank then has to be turned several times to expel the excess gas then the spark plug can be reinstalled. Only then will it crank again. It didn't take but a couple of times of that for me to break out the old tractor.

When I call them back Monday, I'm going to tell the adjuster I got a dozen letters from attorneys wanting to sue Nationwide and their insured on my behalf, and if they don't want that to happen, they'd better stop stalling and do what they are supposed to do.

From the voice of experience (my wife, who was hit by an at-fault Nationwide policyholder), as soon as you mention lawyer or lawsuit, the Nationwide adjuster will no longer talk to you directly per company policy, and you will either have to engage an attorney or work through your own agent.

You could also sue the other driver in small claims or general sessions court yourself, if your state permits that. That forces the insurance company to bear the expense of defending their insured or settle with the plaintiff, which is usually cheaper. A lot of people can't do that because of work commitments, so it's not an option for everyone.

Karl: Sorry! No cheerleaders for you :p.
Roll Tide!

Oh Rex, do you mean these girls???:confused:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...y/0609/campus.cheer.jodyreeves/content.9.html

All I need is a Cheerleader outfit for the wife! :D Booya!! (insert lecherous laugh here)

This is what the cheerleaders up this way look like!!
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Cheer/~/media/32AE6757FDD94A6D97A7B18CB7F83109.ashx

Oh and by the way, we almost have fall. It was 50 this morning, with a high of 75....pretty much a constant pattern for the next 7-10 days! :p

Now ya know why they call this place the land of pleasent living!!:D:D:D

Good Morning

I'll have whatever is on that menu there---:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm into my first 24 hours of on-call for w**k. I'll be heading off to do the office thing today as well as I really need to get on top of some missing paperw**k --

Chris: My one SIL is dating something about 400lbs!! Yes. She divorced the other guy she married--now she's latched on to this---thing.:mad::rolleyes: This will really make for a bizarre scenario that is for darn sure--no one in Audrey's family can figure this lot out:eek:

Welb--I got to get going here--have a good one people!!:D

Chris some very bizzare folks in the world, my Ex wife ran off with a big useless lump of lard for some reason lord knows why, he was a gross smelly weirdo.

Good morning. It's 79 and partly cloudy. The high will be a hot 98. Any chance of rain is slim to none and Slim just left town.

Went to one of the oil change places yesterday. I got a bit of a laugh while I was there. The guy down in the pit took the oil plug out and was standing off to the side so he wouldn't get hit by the oil. He might have been better off standing dead center. The oil left the drain hole at a sideways angle and soaked him from shirt collar to crotch:eek:. He could have complained but didn't. He went about his business and changed out the filter then put the drain plug back in place. The guy up top put in Castrol 10W40, about which I expressed some concern :confused: but he assured me that between the heat and the old engines wear it would be better for it. Well so far that seems to be holding true. I expected it to sound like a threshing machine but it actually sounded better than when I got there. I learned later that the oil, because of the fact that the engine doesn't have roller lifters, should be an SL type. Well I couldn't get an answer one way or the other about that so this morning I picked up a zinc additive to add to the oil. It also has the added benefit of quieting noisy lifters which is no bad thing. It seems to be working well. Within half a mile the engine was quieter, had more power and the lifter noise had quieted down.

On the layout front I'm considering my next angle of attack. I'm sitting here considering the amount of rewiring that has to be done and how much stuff has to be removed from the area in question and I'm dragging my hand down my face and wondering the heck I've gotten myself into now.

Good afternoon everyone.

Matt, congratulations on your success. Sounds like you're giving your opponents all kinds of hell!:cool:

Jim is still off the grid huh? I hope you're alright Jim.:)

It is full blown fall in the upper Midwest. It's cold, cloudy, and the leaves are starting to change. Apparently we are skipping over the seventy and sunny part of September.:(

I received my new box of trees yesterday. Tree making shall commence as soon as I get off work. I should be able to fill in all of the incomplete areas with this last box of super trees.

I also received my last two bags of ballast in my shipment. I have two thirds of the layout ballasted with the long stretch in front of the depot to be finished. It's starting to look like a real railroad instead of a train set!

My wife and I are celebrating seven years of wedded bliss this Monday. That means that I get to go out to eat tonight It's a good excuse to go and eat whatever the heck I want!

I suppose I should get back to work.
Have a great day everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back