Photo Fun for the week 21 - 28 May 2010

Is that an American term???

I beleive he was reffering to the post that was attempting to sell meaningless junk. The post has since been deleted. Its basically an automated posted or w/e that gets into the forums by slipping through the filters. Its called spamming, and thats what he was talking about. PM Willis (CBCNSfan) he did a really good job explaining it to me. So no, not so much an american term, more of a tech term i guess.

Yes, I was being facetious, James. Many moons ago, Spam, which many of us would call mystery meat, came by another name, but the computer techy generation grew up with the latest marketing name when the internet became a conduit for unwanted mail. Spam is not very desirable, and neither is much of the email we used to get before filters.

So, Klik, and klim, and Prell, and other weird names were the precursors to what we know as Spam, that greasy and gelatinous gooey formed meat loaf you get in tins with the wind-off key in days of old. I was just trying to be funny...I guess you had to be there. :p The administrators got rid of the email to which I was referring in the meantime. Good job, guys. :D

-Crandell

Terry, very nice. HO scale? Good idea on the PC ties. That might solve one of my problems. Gainesville - any NMRA club activity in that area?

Tks Jon, the PC ties really make the soldering easier. And yes HO scale. As far as club activity around here. Hmmm well I think I get the only copy of MRR each month at Wally World. About five years or so ago when we found out that we were getting transferred to the Gainesville area I was pretty excited. I cked on the internet and they had six train stores in the area. Now there is zero unless I drive all the way down to Ocala which is about fifty miles. So to answer your question I actually have not met one person in the five years I have been here that does MRR. But thats ok because I live out in the middle of no where anyway. Hey sorry I ran on so.

Terry in Sunny FLorida

Terry - you've got HobbyTown. They started off with some RR stuff but have drifted away from most of it. The do have basswood, wire and other scratch building supplies. Got to head down there in the next week to pick up some. Its cheaper to buy online and pay the shipping than the 6 gallons of gas. Ah, the cost of modeling :]

Yes, I was being facetious, James. Many moons ago, Spam, which many of us would call mystery meat, came by another name, but the computer techy generation grew up with the latest marketing name when the internet became a conduit for unwanted mail. Spam is not very desirable, and neither is much of the email we used to get before filters.

So, Klik, and klim, and Prell, and other weird names were the precursors to what we know as Spam, that greasy and gelatinous gooey formed meat loaf you get in tins with the wind-off key in days of old. I was just trying to be funny...I guess you had to be there. :p The administrators got rid of the email to which I was referring in the meantime. Good job, guys. :D

-Crandell

Makes sense as I know what spam is, but it didn't make sense when I read your post Crandell, as mine was the last one, then yours, but knowing there was something there for a short while, it now makes sense! :)

Thanks

James

Back