Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
Time to move guys. We left the last place in much better shape than we have in the past. Keep up the good work and maybe we will be invited back to this place.

Just so others can enjoy this without hunting for it I'll re-post it here.

Well, after all the work I put in yesterday on mowing the lawn and installing the first 2 of their 6 digital cable adapters my parents treated me to dinner at Wagon Master, a local steak house. We all had the same thing. 8 ounce sirloin, half rack of ribs with potatoes and a side salad. It was a very good dinner. My mother likes her meat extremely well done. When her sirloin was brought out she cut a small piece off and saw a trace of pink inside. She told the waiter to take it back and burn it until it stopped mooing. When it was brought back it was done through and through just the way she likes it. I couldn't help but remember when we lived in France she had the poor chef at a sidewalk cafe crying after she had him burn a steak for her. Over there the meat is seared on the outside and pink inside. She would have none of it! It would be cooked all the way through or else her famous Cherokee temper was going to seek out the nearest target standing under a chef's hat. She was known as the lady who liked charred beef and could leave a chef looking like a terrified cat facing a tub of soapy water. It wasn't long before they had her preferences down pat. I think there was a day of celebration at that cafe in La Rochelle when we left to go to Germany. Without a doubt word was flashed ahead to the chef's in the area we were going to. The very first place we went to they knew exactly what she wanted.

Sure didn't take Chris long to find the new place!
Chris - no slinging chit until the paint dries on this place!
Flo scrubbed a hole is the paint after your last tirade.

Oh! Congrats on all the new customers you are getting! I know you were concerned about making a living for awhile.:)

Jim- Is the family about to get over the CRUD of the last few weeks?

Chris!! No DMSFing abouts here--we do want to be able to walk around without slipping abouts!!:eek::eek::D:D:D

Besides, the paint hasn't even got dried yet---

Hey guys I back, I handed out three more quotes! Tuesday is booked and wednesday is 2 more away from booked and we get to start booking thursday soon!:D:D

DMSF, yes, they are fun, smelly, and a hoot to boot!;) Why should Monkeys and chimps have all the fun playing in their own crap? How else are you to starve out bordum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so others can enjoy this without hunting for it I'll re-post it here.

Well, after all the work I put in yesterday on mowing the lawn and installing the first 2 of their 6 digital cable adapters my parents treated me to dinner at Wagon Master, a local steak house. We all had the same thing. 8 ounce sirloin, half rack of ribs with potatoes and a side salad. It was a very good dinner. My mother likes her meat extremely well done. When her sirloin was brought out she cut a small piece off and saw a trace of pink inside. She told the waiter to take it back and burn it until it stopped mooing. When it was brought back it was done through and through just the way she likes it. I couldn't help but remember when we lived in France she had the poor chef at a sidewalk cafe crying after she had him burn a steak for her. Over there the meat is seared on the outside and pink inside. She would have none of it! It would be cooked all the way through or else her famous Cherokee temper was going to seek out the nearest target standing under a chef's hat. She was known as the lady who liked charred beef and could leave a chef looking like a terrified cat facing a tub of soapy water. It wasn't long before they had her preferences down pat. I think there was a day of celebration at that cafe in La Rochelle when we left to go to Germany. Without a doubt word was flashed ahead to the chef's in the area we were going to. The very first place we went to they knew exactly what she wanted.

When I order a steak I tell the waiter, "Tell the cook to Use two matches to cook it and bring me a hammer just incase it trys to escape!":D:eek::D

Hmmmm,, new digs huh?
Gettin fancy around here, with Roman numerals and stuff. Better not jack the cost of the cup-o-joe. This ain't no Starbucks!!!:eek:
Jeffrey, that terrified cat staring at a tub of soapy water comment almost put Coke through my nose! (diet coke that is):D
Chris NO, I MEAN NO DMSFs here. You start flinging monkey stuff, I bring out the heavy artillery!!! Remember, where I live there is an ample supply of road apples and cow patties!! :D:rolleyes: Oh and your Husky.......200 hours and smoking already?? You might try the synthetic that was suggested, but I find it hard to believe that Husky wouldn't be willing to fix it under warranty. 200 hours aint much. I've seen Deeres and Toros whose hour clocks look more like odometers on a car without any smoke on conventional oil.
Ianacole You almost got it right, but the first word is Disorganized ;)
Well, I hope Ken, boB, Jim, Sandy and the rest of the Hee-Haw gang can find the new place........the finger painted sign in the dirt on the old window aint too legible!!!:eek: (I got here following the trail of monkey stuff Chris left behind)

Chris, I don't know if you missed my suggestion in the other place, or if you're ignoring it...
Drain the oil in the mower and put in Mobil 1. No more smokey-smokey...
Of course, you could just go to the beach and scoop up some oil for your mower...

I'll try the moble 1 and see how it goes....... I voided the warrenty resedental mower...commercial use! Eitherway the mower shops down here are touchy everything is abused and misused in their eyes. I'm sure the synthetic oil should smokeless I change it again tomarrow morning before heading out.

BTW: no oil on the beaches yet, and I don't think there will be!

Evening All...
Busy, busy, busy!! I am working 2 jobs and my work days right now start at 6am and end at 8 pm. Ugh! Fortunately, next week I am sneaking off to San Antonio for a few days. I NEED a vacation :rolleyes:

Jim...Glad to hear that your family is doing better. Now to get rid of those pesky termites.
The pups are Golden's. Their mom is Liberty and their dad is Freedom...so they have a legacy to uphold!

Hope everyone finds their way into the new place and all are ready to DUCK!!

Have a great evening :)

Sandy

Hey Good Morning and Happy TGIF!

I got two lawns to mow and two more quotes to hand out today so far. Also Guys thanks for the sudjestions on switching oil's. This morning at 4:30am I headed out to the Wally World and got Mobil 1 and a new oil filter! Then came home and Changed the oil and filter. I'll head out at 9ish and do the deed and I'll report back to ya's. I have a feeling the Cheap oil/tar I was using wasn't agreeing with the husq. BTW: my neigbors hate me.......I'm noisy in the morning, No such thing as sleeping in here!;) :D

Good morning folks

It was a chilly 56 F this morning as I headed out the door. High will be 74 F. We could be down into the low forties overnight this weekend.

I am still recovering and feeling better each day. The cough now only comes once and a while. Also my energy levels are increasing. I was able to mow the front lawn and direct my son on mowing the back yard. We took my daughter to volleyball practice last night but the practice was cut short since only a few girls showed up.

If the weather holds this weekend we have outside things to do. There some dead branches I have to cut off one tree and some low hanging branches I have to take off another. Maybe I can squeeze some trains in this weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back