What do you do for a living?

I work for a regional railroad called Metra as a tower operator. Not a bad job really but I've gotten outta model trains a lot since I see the real deal for 8 hours a day at work now.

Sent from the past

That's also why I wasn't involved until I retired. The 1hr+commute on NJT & NYCT, 8 to 10 hrs overseeing train operations, then the 1hr+commute back, satisfied my thirst. Hey Jim, when you can you explain the operations of yard switches with "remote control point operation"

Thanks Joe

Retired Certified Safety Professional. I worked in the casualty/property insurance business keeping people and property safe.

caterpillar

retired , retired from caterpillar with 35 yrs and then went back there for another 6 years . double dippin was great !
mike

That's also why I wasn't involved until I retired. The 1hr+commute on NJT & NYCT, 8 to 10 hrs overseeing train operations, then the 1hr+commute back, satisfied my thirst. Hey Jim, when you can you explain the operations of yard switches with "remote control point operation"

Thanks Joe

I drive a hour each way also and 8 hours at work is plenty of trains for me haha. I'll have to ask around about your question. I've got no clue what the answer is but my boss is a rail nut so he may know

Sent from the past

New to the post. I work for the city of cocoa {FL} in the water dept. as a backflow tech.. Just starting out in trains in n scale. love this site.:)

Manager at a Uranium Enrichment Facility, hoping that the Nuclear power plants get going here in the states.

Retired. Working for the Madison County Historical Society building a rather large 2 room layout area with N, HO, O27, S and On30 smallish layouts and displays.

Was (when last employed) the computer guru for Career Services at Ball State University in Muncie Indiana.

Yes, I have an HO scale layout.

New to the post. I work for the city of cocoa {FL} in the water dept. as a backflow tech.. Just starting out in trains in n scale. love this site.:)

Welcome to the Forum!! You will be glad you joined with all the great info spread across this forum. Dont be afraid to throw out any question you may have, there are always lots willing to give you hard time (haha)....err...I mean, lots of super knowledgeable guys here!!

I thought I posted here before, but I was wrong. I was an engineer with NJ Transit when I became disabled. Before that I owned & drove tractor trailers & tour buses.
Hey NYSW F-45, my parents retired from BC Sherriff's Dept. in the 90's.

I thought I posted here before, but I was wrong. I was an engineer with NJ Transit when I became disabled. Before that I owned & drove tractor trailers & tour buses.
Hey NYSW F-45, my parents retired from BC Sherriff's Dept. in the 90's.

Im with the sheriff's enemy, the county police LOL

What years did you work with njt?

Well I guess I should update my post.
Right now driving a 5 ton flat deck for a local courier service between two cities. I get paid to go into train yards and steel mills to rail fan!
With the Cdn dollar being high and fuel being higher I now only sell railway equipment part time.

I should update mine also...

Still driving trucks but graduated to a new set of Super B Timpte hopper trailers.

384139_332034690159132_100000578108490_1331793_380559160_n.jpg

Back