What do you do for a living?

I run into burning buildings and cut people outta cars and takem to the hospital in the giant taxi with lights and a siren!

Wow, there's some very interesting jobs w/the guys on this Forum. Really enjoy reading about your employment. I had many jobs in my younger years, but, nothing as interesting as your's-your's & your's.

Retired as of 1/1/12

after forty four years selling industrial tooling. Really enjoying retirement after fifty six years working out of sixty nine years of life.
Thanks
Wayne

Quality engineer for the US Army (civilian, not in uniform), today, as well as a few years back. Also worked in the IT department doing project management work, at a local university, as well as being a pharmacy technician when things got tight, between Government gigs.

If I had to do it all over again, I might not be so hot to trot to get into 'aerospace.' Either that, or would have taken more risks when I was younger.

I guess I should update this.....

I am still with Cumberland Farms. I am now a CSL(assistant manager).

A little bit of everything at work...I work for Cumberland Farms.

If you're not from the Northeast or Florida, you prolly don't know what Cumby's is....we are a family owned convience store chain that owns our own gasoline company(we own Gulf).

After 20+ years in an aviation career (technical) I now have my dream job, Park Ranger at a startup agency where I get to share my passion for industrial history (iron, steel, mining and railroads of central Alabama) with other people.

After 20+ years in an aviation career (technical) I now have my dream job, Park Ranger at a startup agency where I get to share my passion for industrial history (iron, steel, mining and railroads of central Alabama) with other people.

Seen some of your work..great stuff there!!

-------------------------------------------------

Still doing QA management for healthcare agency.

But had some experience in Textiles, ironically, also in QA, Insurance (dang, also QA) and in a small foundry...also....QA.

Is QA in my blood?:eek:

Graduated with a degree in Criminology and minor in Security and Intelligence from The Ohio State University and applied to the Columbus Police Department (currently half way through the process). Needed a job while I wait to get on, so currently working on an ashpalt crew for Shelly and Sands. My other half (we share this profile) is finishing up her degree as a Medical Assistant and starts her internship soon. There is some awesome talent on this site!!

Hi, at the moment i work for Besam in N.Ireland as a automatic door tech.
My previous jobs have been- time served carpenter, painter and decorator, truck driver and owned my own model shop for 5 years. Basically, if it pays a wage i'll do it!

Noel.

Babysitter.

actually Chief Mechanical Officer - Bus at San Francisco Municipal Railway

Pssst....We will be hiring mechanics & shopmen in about 2 months

I owe my current career to playing with trains. I got a job at an architectural model shop based on my model railroad experience and my current job as a model maker for a movie studio based on that experience. In reality, it is nothing like model railroading, the scale is much bigger and the crookeder the better. You can look for me in the credits of ParaNorman coming out August 17 this year.

I've worked for the state of Wisconsin for 13 years as a fisheries technician/foreman at Nevin Hatchery where I coordinate production of ~500,000 brook, brown and rainbow trout for stocking public waters.
Pay stinks but fun work :D

Co-owner and instructor for our family owned Railroad Training & Consulting firm. I have my dream job, training locomotive engineers and trainmen. Heading off to Jamaica for 29 days to train several new hires and re-certify 75 other train and enginemen.

www.railroadtrainingservices.com

I work for a regional railroad called Metra as a tower operator. Not a bad job really but I've gotten outta model trains a lot since I see the real deal for 8 hours a day at work now.

Sent from the past

That’s one of the things I like about model railroading, the diversity of the people in it. I own a small CNC machine shop catering to the medical and aerospace industries.

Back