Weekly Photo Fun 10-2 / 10-8

SW, nice Amtrak train. If you have a tripod, try your picture without flash and a longer exposure. You'll get better focus and the picture will show more details instead just what the flashlights up.

I've seen this recommendation a couple times and thought I would try it but didn't have a tripod. Found this on eBay and ordered it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Flexible-T...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27abf41fbd
If the link doesn't come through search for item 170388627389

Very pleased with it - shoot for 3 bucks ya cant go wrong.

No pix this week from me - been working on a 1" scale house (another granddaughter turns 5).

The posted pictures are all amazing.

311 would be that very devil. Huge stinker she is, too! I saw her in Livingston earlier this year while on vacation.

in the process of rainbowizing an 0-8-0...
rainbow-locomotive_front.jpg

stumbled across a way of giving the coal a little bit of sparkle... lightly dabbling a gel pen on it. I use a silver Sakura Gelly Roll pen; these are available in most asian stationary shops.
rainbow-locomotive_top.jpg

This oughta be interesting as it goes down the track---- ----leaving a vapour trail behind!!:eek::):);)

Barry, probably several varieties of vapor too. :) Certainly is different, Smiley.

Jerome, actually, it was the SD-45 I was thinking of. I didn't notice the -2 and the lack of flaired radiators. That's what happens when you're not hitting on 8 cylinders. :)

I've seen this recommendation a couple times and thought I would try it but didn't have a tripod. Found this on eBay and ordered it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Flexible-T...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27abf41fbd
If the link doesn't come through search for item 170388627389

Very pleased with it - shoot for 3 bucks ya cant go wrong.

No pix this week from me - been working on a 1" scale house (another granddaughter turns 5).

The posted pictures are all amazing.

i picked up one similar to that at Staples for like $7 or so. Its great for my Flip Mino camera.

Got up early this morning and went ahead and took a couple pix. Have to wire Shorty's Ribs and set it. Will take a shot at putting signage in the windows. The other scene is nearly complete - The building on the upper level needs to be finished and then install switch machines of some type.

Well, I think it is because we are buds and we look out for each other. :D

Sorry to have added to your email burden. :p

-Crandell

Jeffrey,you must be feeling better if you got that old crew bus out to pose for a picture. :) Hang in there, buddy.

Jon, nice start on those buildings. Painting all that trim is not one of the fun parts of building structures but the colors look good. Unless there's some reason you wat motorized switches, I'd go with Caboose Industries ground throws for any switch you can reach. Cheap and it's just like real railroading. :D

Robbie was the modeler who got the honor of providing motive power for the ExactRail coal hoppers in early Sept, at the Free-mo meet.

Back