Toolbelt's latest activity

• T
    The Kadees are only a buck or two cheaper, for a pack of 12, than other brands such as Proto or Intermountain. Given a choice, I would...
  • T
    As a newby, I thought nobody else is feeling my pain, but it seems others have. :)
  • T
    What threw me off was Kadee's use of the term "insulated axles", which I wrongly assumed meant the axles are attached to the wheels with...
  • T
    I use the drop on the workbench surface and listen for the "plink" vs the "thud" method. One could also lightly scratch the backside...
  • T
    Toolbelt replied to the thread Rerailers?.
    Some of the trip levers are actually below the top of the rails even on properly installed/gauged coupler boxes. Even to the naked eye...
  • T
    Yup, I picked up the insulated version of that gauge, and am working through my cars one by one. My fleet has tripled to 20 cars...
  • T
    I recently upgraded my rolling stock with Kadee metal wheels. At times I lost track of which were the plastic wheels I removed from the...
  • T
    Yes I realize that and am in the process of fine tuning the Kadee couplers. These Kadees seem to have a lot of variation as far as the...
  • T
    Toolbelt reacted to santafewillie's post in the thread One A Day with Like Like.
    I guess so, one actually has a hardhat on!
  • T
    Toolbelt replied to the thread A beginner's layout.
    Your layout, your rules :)
  • T
    I'm just resurrecting my dad's basic 4 x 8 DC layout from the 1980's, and fine tuning everything as far as wiring, trackwork, upgrading...
  • T
    Toolbelt reacted to PMW's post in the thread A beginner's layout with Like Like.
    Normally I wouldn't make a post for such a minor thing but I thought it would be a good way for me to re-introduce myself and my...
  • T
    Yup, compared to my layout, this one looks finished. :)
  • T
    Toolbelt reacted to Patrick's post in the thread A beginner's layout with Like Like.
    Like Gary, You're ahead of me as well. My track is where I want it, but a long way from being "scenicked". You're doing great.
  • T
    Toolbelt replied to the thread Atlas Selector Block.
    In a DC system, you need a positive track and a negative(ground) track. Each tracks polarity can alternate depending on which direction...

Back