Recent content by Patrick

1. Patrick

Running Bear's May 2024 Coffee Shop

Willie: I forgot to mention that the parsnip and beet seed I had gotten from the public library as they get them donated from various sources. I have a daughter working there, so I get first crack sometimes. Seemed no one wanted the parsnips or the beets. The corn was leftover from last year.
  2. Patrick

Morning all, 68° and partly cloudy this morning. Strong storms in the area last night, bulk of it north. At my home we had the gust front come through then about an hour of intense rain. It was coming straight down, so no wind fortunately. No rain at all about 10 miles south of us though. Some...
  3. Patrick

Well, had a 9 foot row of beets...7 plants came up. 9 foot row of parsnips, about 16 plants came up and 3 rows of corn maybe a dozen hit and miss plants. All seed was packed for last year, so I guess it could be worse. 2 of the 3 tomato plants have tomatoes albeit tiny ones, and the peppers are...
  4. Patrick

I get some of that, we have places similar where you need 27 layers of government getting involved, your local minister, doctor and future grandkids. We had a case locally where a bunch of people who had no standing in the community sue over something being rezone to allow whatever being built...
  5. Patrick

Morning all, Currently 70° and partly cloudy, high of 88° later. Expecting storms later this evening. Went for a drive yesterday afternoon to help the wife calm down after deealing with her family on a reunion she's planning as her siblings want one but don't want to plan. Saw some things we...
  6. Patrick

Morning all, Strange that of 6 servers needing updates, 4 are ready in 20 minutes...the other 2 probably another hour. It's ok, I get paid by the hour. I typically start the updates at 7:00a and start rebooting at 8:00a when I say the maintenance window opens. It can take a couple hours for...
  7. Patrick

Morning all, 64° and sunny east of Doo-dah with high later of 80°. Due to Microsoft including a zero-day fix, I have to update the servers tomorrow instead of the first Saturday. Since I had 4 hours of "sick" time I used Monday for the shouldeer DR, I get to give the sick time back to my bank...
  8. Patrick

Morning all, 90° and cloudy this morning, high near 75° later with some storms possible this afternoon. We had severe storms in the area last evening, but nothing at the house. We did have some thundershowers after midnight, but nothing severe. Troy: Hope all goes well with your mom soon...
  9. Patrick

Morning all, Currently 60° and clearing after thundershowers overnight. Nice to have some of the Canadian smoke that's been haze in the skies get settled for a bit. Storms, some possibly severe late this afternoon and into the overnight. Today's high expected to be 80°. Terry: Stay safe.
  10. Patrick

Morning all, 52° and clear this morning. Didn't sleep worth a crap last night, so running on empty this morning. Had to do a password reset late last night (well late for me) and find the person had issues at 4:30is this morning and wasn't going to call me. Not sure what's going on yet. She...
  11. Patrick

Afternoon all, Now that I've been to the Dr. and caught back up... Surgery to repair the right rotator cuff scheduled for a month. Afterwards we'll discuss doing the left rotator cuff. The left bicep head tear won't be fixed as it would be cosmetic and not really affect the strength of the...
  12. Patrick

Morning all, 58° and cloudy. While I'm at the office, I'm leaving shortly to get the MRI results. I came in as only one of my techs is here, and thought the initial Monday stuff would be eased if I came in for a short while. BBL
  13. Patrick

Evening all, Had an MRI appointment this morning and really got my right shoulder pinched up. Did get the yard mowed, as it may rain tomorrow. Have another appointment to get the results of the MRI. I hope he finds something to explain what the heck is going on.
  14. Patrick

Afternoon all, Not sure what happened to my post this morning. Currently sunny and 75° in Doo-Dah.
  15. Patrick

Afternoon all, Well, crazy day. Wichita took a cyberhit on Sunday, and now one of our larger hospital systems took a hit as well (Ascension). On a different note, we had our quarterly employee lunch today. I finally won something. A full vacation day...by dollars, it's the big prize. There...

Back